DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Dublin is almost 11 months now and we're searching for toys to keep him occupied. We have a kong, but it doesn't hold his interest for that long. We give him a little bit of raw hide but not too often and a few bones for him to chew on. However he's recently started pulling all the stuffing out of stuffed animals so we're in search of something else! Any thoughts? We're looking into this - http://www.dog.com/item/iq-treat-ball-dog-toy/492750/#Reviews

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Elk Antlers! They are totally worth it... find a wholesalers near you or buy 'em on line. Hershey tears through everything in short order, but always goes back to grinding down her antlers. They don't splinter or smell or break apart, they just get ground down...
Well I have a doodle that can destroy any toy in record time, but he loves toys, so we have discovered unstuffed toys, he has two of them right now and he loves them. They are stuffed animals without the stuffing. the stuffed ones lasted about 5 min with him and he would eat the stuffing, or it was all over the place. Also those antlers are good too. try to stay away from the rawhide, they scare me, I have heard terrible stories about them...Do you stuff the kong for him? I use marrow bones stuffed with peanut butter and my guys love them. And if u freeze them, they last a long time...Hope this helps...
Bailey is almost 11 months too! She has always loved bully sticks and the best place (and cheapest I think) to get them is online at Bestbullysticks.com. I give one to her when I go out for a few hours and she loves chewing on them! She has never chewed anything in our house and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I give her something she can chew on. They have the odor-free ones and I totally recommend you getting those-otherwise they smell bad! In the pet stores they can be $5-8 dollars each. Online they come out to be only a little over a dollar each. I also just ordered (same site) antlers for her and I can't wait to get them to try them out. Good luck.
We have all sorts of different treat type toys. Our girls love them. You just have to be careful that you don't feed them too much. We just use food in them vs treats. We use a feed that is different than their regular food so it seems like treats. Our girls free feed so if they have a treat ball, they eat less from their bowl. Lucy will empty it and then bring it back over and over wanting you to fill it up. Once she has had enough you have to just put it up. We don't have the one you reference, but some similar.

We also buy "no stuffing" toys. They are just flat and have the squeakers in them so they can't destuff!

We also don't like to use rawhide, but I have found some at Sam's that seem to be much tougher than the ones from the petstores. They last forever around here. They don't seem to be able to get big pieces off, so they just chew on them and they get a little mushy. Once they get them worn down some I toss them out! They are about a foot long.
I agree on the antlers....they're great! They are expensive, but they really last.
I've heard lots of good things about Antlers also --- HOWEVER, my girls could care less about them so don't buy a bunch in the beginning .... just get one to test!
Well, our girls found a new toy in their toy box last night! They were pretty excited. It is a little old, has been around for about 6 years, but it is pretty tough and hard to destroy and you pretty much can't destuff it! You might want to give it a try! I can pretty much guarantee you that if you bring this toy out occasionally that Dublin will be exhausted and possibly you might be as well!

My Lilly loves those kind of toys too!!:-)
I have a lab that loves to "De-stuff" his toys too. I found a stuffed animal that has "eggs" inside a velcro pocket that he can repeatedly pull out, that he loves. Just be prepared to restuff the toy for him frqently! It seems to satisfy his need to destroy his other animals. We also have a duck without stuffing, bully sticks and stuffed kongs.
Chewie is also destructo-dog and loves pulling stuffing out of toys. He loves the Skinneeez also, but will work on them until he gets the squeakers out and then tear apart the toy itself...luckily he doesn't eat the pieces. We have even bought the stuffed toys that advertise "bite guard technology" and they don't last much longer.

If you are interested in a treat ball, we have this one and he hasn't been able to destroy it yet. http://www.dog.com/item/everlasting-fun-ball/311400/

It keeps him busy for quite some time getting the treats out.
Bonny started the toy destruction wars one week when she turned 7 months -- next thing I knew, all her puppy toys (kongs, rubber bones, stuffed toys) were destroyed, except for this silly little stuffed bone that she loves. The antlers are good, but don't keep her interest for too long. Tennis balls get shredded... I bought a Tuffy toy from VIP Products, but I only bought a "level 7" toy that she managed to shred in 15 minutes. I emailed the company and they sent me a replacement toy and let me buy a second toy for only $5 -- great customer service!. The recommended their level 10 "Mega Ring" and so far it has lasted 3 weeks! It's a bit shredded around the edges, but she hasn't been able to get inside it yet. It would probably be a bit big for a small doodle, but they make smaller ones too.

Here's their website at mydogtoys.com :

I think I need to look into those stuffingless toys as well!
Clancy destoys all toys in record time. He destroyed a SKinneez in less than five minutes, actually broke the heavy duty nylabones in a couple of days, lost the black kong..... He loves to chew and rip. The only toy we have had since we got him is this one, It is a gummy, rubbery bone. Treat balls are also this rubbery stuff, but since we are still having fights between Clancy and another of our dogs we haven't put these down.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service