DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Don't have my dog yet, but trying to get everything ready...

Our house is on a hill, with a walk-out basement. The deck is off the main floor but is raised about 1/2 a story off the ground, with a flight of steps down to the yard. Underneath the deck is a jungle of weeds and piles of dirt probably from construction years ago. I can stand under the lowest end, and my kids can stand under the highest end. I'd like to make this the potty area, since it won't take up any of our yard space. Does this seem reasonable? It's mostly bare dirt right now (I need to pull some weeds from the edge)... what's the best surface for them to go on? Pea gravel? Larger stones? Just leave the dirt but smooth it out? (sounds muddy) Put down astroturf?

How big of a space do I need to avoid smells?

Views: 1032

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are designating a space off the back patio..it's actually away from the deck where the grill is, and can be fenced in. We are putting down doggy turf (it has a woven back and anti microbial, instead of rubber backed) on what was garden beds..a 3ft x 20ft space and a little lean to shelter for when it's raining really hard..as of right now, George goes in a space by the garage, but we realized that when it snows and all, that if snow or ice dropped off the roof, it could kill him...

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service