DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Today is Meg's 1st birthday, her Gotcha Day was Oct. 28th.  We drove about 3 hours to get her from an awesome rescue lady, fell in love with her from her picture on the internet and she did not disappoint when we got there.  Didn't realize what an impact she would have on our lives after going without a dog for so many years.  My kids are a bit jealous and don't think they were loved quite that much when they were home (however they both have dogs in their home so they do understand). 

Meg is intelligent, learns very quickly (makes me look like a great teacher) and full of energy and love.  She is 26" at the shoulders and about 73 pounds right now.  She loves riding in the car, chasing her Frisbee, catching her soft bone of squeaky pig, and curling up ON THE LAP in the evening.  She has graduated to no crate even when we are gone and the run of the house at night.

I am not sure I could not love her more and yet every time she looks over her shoulder at me I melt again, when she climbs on the couch and lightly touches her paw to my arm to be invited to cuddle I am thrilled.  She is an equal opportunity dog and shows DH the same affection.  I am constantly on the lookout for a second doodle because I love her so much and then I think maybe not, I don't want to take anything away from her.

I am hopelessly in love and so thrilled we made that trip to get her. 

Views: 187

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Happy First Birthday beautiful Meg.  I'm glad your ship came in.

Happy Birthday Meg!!  Sounds like she has been a great gift to you and vice versa.  She is adorable :)

Happy Birthday Meg you have found yourself an awesome family who loves you so much. Wishing you lots of loving years with you family.

Happy b'day from N & C

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service