DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Skadi is 7 today...I've had my "birthday" cry!  How is it that time slips by so quickly?  We were given Skadi when our son & his wife thought they "wanted" a puppy...But, come to find out, it wasn't the little bundle of love they were expecting...the puppy needed attention...and lots of it!  Not that I wasn't busy with life, still working...but I was entertaining getting a new love since our last dog & cat died the year before.  So 21 days after the kids took "Quinn"  we took the little ball of fire to our home (I changed her name to Skadi: 

"The Viking goddess of winter, Skadi is the embodiment of strength, courage and endurance. She embraces this period of storm, darkness, and challenge, and is never happier than when hunting or skiing in the snowy mountains."

The name seemed to fit her so very well.

Today, she is one of the very biggest and best loves in my life!  So elegant, so well-behaved (okay so she does eat goose poop and roll in it once in awhile) She never wanders far and is just so special!

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Happy Birthday, Skadi! 

Happy Birthday  to your beautiful girl!  I love the story of how she came to be with you and also the meaning of her name.

Happy Birthday - you are beautiful girl!

Happy Birthday beautiful Skadi!

Happy Birthday Skadi!  I love the name, she doesn't look like a Quinn.  I teared up too when Picco turned 6.  I told him he's not allowed to grow up, stay my little boy! 

Thank-you for the birthday wishes...daddy bought bully sticks and a special cookie for JUST me...I didn't have to share it with Elli

Elli, you are hilarious!  My brothers are older than dirt too!  Charlie.

Happy Birthday.

Skadi's name is absolutely wonderful!  Happy Birthday!

Awww...such a cute birthday greeting thank-you.

Such a cute birthday greeting--thank-you!

Happy birthday dear Skadi!

I know how you feel - Wally turned 11 in May, and little puppy Charlotte is now five. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service