DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am a new member and will be bringing home my first DOOD puppy at the beginning of September. It has been great reading about doodles on this site and I am grateful for it. Sometimes though, I read sad and/or disheartening posts concerning illnesses and behavior problems. This leaves me nervous and wondering if I am reading too much about the negative aspects of owning a doodle. I trust my own instincts about my decision to own and love a doodle, but some discussions are unnerving. With that said, I was wondering if it would be possible to post only positive replies to this discussion. What has been one of your happiest experiences with your dog? If you groom your dog yourself, do you enjoy it, and does your dog love it too? What characteristic or personality trait about your dog do you enjoy the most about your DOOD? How has your dog enhanced your life? What do you miss about puppyhood now that you own an adult dog? What do you enjoy most about your dog now that he/she is an adult? Please describe your positive experiences! For extra fun, please post a picture of your wonderful DOOD. I thank you so much!

Views: 869

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is ALWAYS a great idea to take a moment and focus on the positive! We have 2 goldendoodles, Bruno age 4 and Rosie age 2. They are joyful, goofy, sensitive and mischievous doodles! They LOVE to play, fetch, steal our things and hide them, cuddle and just be with their people. They dance before a meal and run like crazies around the house at the sight of a leash! 

I groom them myself and they are not crazy about it but have been trained to cooperate and endure :)

I have appreciated all their stages of development - just like my kids. Each has its joys and trials!

I am including a picture of them as well. Good luck and enjoy. Stop here often and you will glean wisdom for whatever you need as well as support and encouragement.

Attachments:
,Awwwww. So precious! I love those tails.
The posts are skewed to the negative by people asking for help, giving warnings etc. Yes, dogs have problems and of course so do doodles. But my two are wonderful companions who I think are a stabilizing influence in my life. 99% of the time all is well. I did groom them but my hands were not up to the job and now I take them to be groomed. I was so happy with one I got a second. Both dogs have their own personality but they are warm and loving.
Thank you!
Happy to reply to this as our boy Ripley has been so amazing - better than I'd imagined or wished. I was very worried prior, too fully aware of what "could" be - and so I read and trained like crazy. I'm not sure if it was nature or nurture, but I'd never go back. Life with him for our whole family is sweeter. Good luck in September and KIT!
Attachments:
That's exactly how I feel! I have been reading books and I love my breeder and the puppy's parents. I have inquired about training as well. I am excited. Ridley is soooo darn cute. Thank you so very much!
That kind of care and worry can turn you into a great owner -and a great pup will follow! Have patience, think 'zen' and try to laugh often during the bumps in the road and pretty soon - smooth sailing. :-) All the best to you!! DK has been wonderful wealth of information for us. Sounds like you will be in good shape!

xoxoxo

Oh my goodness, too many to count! The best part is what he's done for our marriage and family. My husband and I love to walk together now with Sawyer. We plan our weekends around what we can do with him. My three sons adore him and everyone is more light hearted, calm, and happy because we have Sawyer. He breaks any slight tension that starts. Everyone is happy to come home and have Sawyer greet them. His love is truly unconditional. We are all better people because of him. My husband didn't even want a dog. Now he's his best friend. Are they a lot of work? Yes, especially as puppies. But like anything, you get what you put into it. Take the time and devote yourself as much as possible in the beginning. It's worth it. :-)
Attachments:
My heart is pumped! My husband is very apprehensive because a friend of his told him about how "wild" and "untrainable" a doodle he knows is. I am retired and have trained dogs before, and know I can deal with puppiness! I really love the name Sawyer too! -And what a cutie! Thanks so much.

Ah...doodles...one of my very favorite topics in the whole world!  I couldn't stop at one...we were blessed with Skadi from our grown children who decided they couldn't keep her...so we took Skadi at about 3 months she will be 5 next week.  Puppyhood was challenging to say the least...but she is absolutely the very best today!  Elli came to live with us in January this year...she is 6 1/2 and the sweetest find from craigslist.  I cannot say enough about how wonderful my doods are.  Skadi is an English Cream Golden Doodle and the most laid back...Elli is an American doodle and has a bit more energy so my mate is able to run with her.  Skadi in her defense had cruciate ligament surgery which has slowed her down a bit.  I take my doods to doggie daycare, the groomer, our dental office, and anywhere they allow dogs...IMHO they are well behaved and everyone delights in them.  Enjoy your new baby and take lots of pictures...they grow up so very very fast. I even love the way they smell...except when they roll in goose poop! HA!  

Thank you!!!!!  Your babies are soo cute!  I promise to post happy posts about my new pup.  She will be an English Cream Mini.  Loved your pictures.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service