DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We have had our puppy a little over a week now. I have gotten progressively worse coughing and runny nose at first. Then my throat started to close up and my chest became tight on monday and I had to get away from her, I felt like I was going to die. The next day I felt fine until I got around her and within an hour of being with her I had a migraine, labored breathing, could hardly talk, was so weak I could hardly get out the door to go to the doctor. After being away from her for about an hour I started to feel better. The doctor started me on a week of tapered down steroids that are helping, but I'm still having trouble with a cough and shortness of breath when I am around her to much and moving around. I have an allergy test scheduled for next friday. My steroids stop on Tuesday then I cant have any allergy medication because of the tests. The doctor proscribed me a inhaler and an EpiPen but idk what to do about this situation. If I am having an allergy to her, do I sell her to another family, we have alot of money in her. My son is broken hearted about the idea but my husband is insistent that I not add any other medications onto myself. I am already on several. I just do not know what to do and I am extremely broken up about it.

Views: 542

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I echo everything else that has been said here by others regarding allergies etc.  Because she came from puppyfind.com I'm pretty sure they aren't going to refund your money.  In all fairness to the puppy though, you need to rehome ASAP.  Please don't let her get used to you, get settled and comfortable in  your home and then have to be uprooted and rehomed.  These first couple months are extremely important with regard to socialization with other people, places, and things.  If you aren't able to do this then you are hurting this puppy for years to come.  Once those first few months are gone, that opportunity is gone as well and can affect the puppy for life.  While this might be very hard for you, you have to think of the puppy as well.  You can always get a truly hypoallergenic puppy for your son.  Like a poodle.  You can always have the poodle groomed to look just like a doodle.  Please, I beg of you to put the good of the puppy first.

I have been socializing her well this past week that we have had her. We have had her to the park, to the zen garden, and to petsmart. She really likes people, she is going with us to my sons birthday party today. It is going to be rough on my son he really loves her. We will not be getting another animal though. We will probably just get another fish. We got the dog because our fish died and we wanted put son to have a pet he could grow up with, but he loves fish to. He really want the dog to go to my mom's so he can have her still so idk what we will do. My mom at least lives on a farm so she would have plenty of room to run. So we are just thinking about ot. I will probably send her home with my mom today until my allergy testing is done. I do not feel well today, she got into my sons room yesterday and I slept in there in him and with the door open. So idk. Maybe going to my mom's would be best, he really loves her. My mom does care alot for her dogs and take them to the groomer regularly and makes sure they have proper vet care and boarding when they need it. So it is just a huge decision.
I contacted the breeder, we will see what happens.

Good luck, Mylinda.  It seems like you have a back up plan in place for your puppy.

My mom and dad took her home today, parker wants to go see her all the time. I think it's good that he can still have his own dog with her being there and it's more reasonable for me to take medication 3 or 4 times a month then everyday, plus they have a huge home and alot of land, our house is pretty small so I couldn't get away to far. But I really hope that works out and her dogs take up her rey because parker is really hoping to keep her there.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service