DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi all,

We lost our Lab cross to cancer unexpectedly last fall, she was only 8. We loved her dearly, but now we are ready to have another puppy. I would prefer to have a puppy with lots of retriever because I love the personality, but honestly, I'd like a break from the crazy "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" type of shedding Parker (our Lab) had. I love the "mutt" look (please no one take offence!) of the shaggy, loose doodle. I need some help though.

We have to buy our puppy from away, there are no doodle breeders in our province. So that means I will be relying on the breeder to help me pick my puppy. We would really like a shaggy, loose but soft coat. How can one identify this when they are babies? I have heard that the puppies with crimps when they are first born will be curly, and the pups without crimps wavey/fleecy. But I have also seen some doodle pics where the coat never turned very "doodly", no beards (I love the beards! Had Olde English Sheepdog as a child, and I have a soft spot for that). If there is an F1b litter and puppies with smooth looking coats, will they turn out to have fleecy coats? It is all rather confusing and nerve wracking.

My profile pic is the doodle look I love. How would you experts describe that?

Thanks guys. Hope you can help. There is an F1b breeder I really have a good feeling about expecting puppies at the end of the month, but I don't know if they can help me pick a puppy from thier litter that isn't poodley. I know they are beautiful too, it's just not what we are going for. Temperment wise we need even and gentle - I have a toddler and a bay.

Thanks again, any advice is appreciated. Or send me some informative links if you have them.

Views: 4691

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You may want to ask Donna and Quincy about breeders in your area also.  Donna is in Newfoundland.  Look at Quincy--one of my favorite doodles   :)   She may / may not have some more answers for  you.
I think I need to find Donna and Quincy. I am in Newfoundland too! How do I find them?
You found me, we are in Torbay, and Gosse sounds like a good Torbay name, where do you live.
Isn't that great!   I feel like a doodle matchmaker.  Maybe you can get a girlfriend Quincy. <wink>
It is almost Valentine's day Joanne!

:)   Yes it is.  I like the ' Hallmark' ( I think it is Hallmark ?) which has a slogan this year of;  I LOVE US, instead of the traditional, I love you.

So, I LOVE US!  

:) :)

Paradise, the other "Gosse's" lol.

I'd love to hear about how/where you got your doodle and how you chose the breeder, being far away etc.

I do have to hit the hay soon. So perhaps we can connect tomorrow.

Thanks, I love the internet for this exact reason!

No problem, I'm at home tomorrow and it looks like we'll be having a snow day! You can just leave me a message on my page. I'll add you as a friend so you can have access to it.

We have two dogs, Fudge and Vern. Fudge is a F1B and I just posted pictures. Vern is a F3 Labradoodle and sheds a little, but does not mat near as much as Fudge.

Vern as a Baby

Vern is gorgeous and I love his coat. So does F3 mean multigen? The lingo is confusing at times. Sorry. Thanks for all the info!
I believe multigen is 4+.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service