DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My son just found a small, cyst-like bump on Phoebe's paw--just to the side of her pad, near her skin.  It is white and rounded and now I am a nervous wreck!  Any guesses on what this might be?  I will be calling the vet come Monday as she is not favoring it or licking her paw right now.  Sorry about the fuzzy photo (so not my forte).

***As my son was drying her paw this morning, he commented that the bump was gone.  It was not until I looked with my own eyes that I believed it but it was true.  I immediately called the vet and told my crazy story.  The vet mentioned that since it was located on the side of her paw pad it may, in fact, have been an abscess or irritation that had either burst or reabsorbed into her skin.  I was told to apply Polysporin and to keep a close eye on it to see whether or not it returns.  If it does, I am to bring her in as soon as possible because she needs to find the source of the infection.  Thankfully, she was not overly alarmed and I am praying that that was all it was.  I will be keeping a close on it though.  Thanks for all your help!

Views: 197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry hard to see and hard to say. It's seems so regular in shape and you say it seems like a cyst so odds are it's OK.

Lola had something similar to that last year (I came on DK in a huge panic looking for advice!!) After much advice, and a trip to the vet, it turned out that it was just a cyst, and our vet recommended to just leave it. I did go away!! I would call the vet on Monday though, just to be safe!

I found a bump on Tara last year that was round like that one. It was a cyst and since then has become smaller. I'm hoping it will go away completely. Hope Phoebe's is a cyst or something not to be worried about too! Please keep us posted!

Fudge had a growth in her ear. It was roundish and looked like a tiny piece of cauliflower. I don't know how else to describe it. The vet surgically removed it and it turned out to be nothing. It looked like this:

Try not to worry, but for your peace of mind, have it checked by the vet. Good luck!

Thanks, everyone!  This past week, Phoebe had her annual check-up and all her bloodwork came back normal so I am trying to not get too over-wraught.  I will be calling the vet on Monday to have this checked out as soon as possible.  How I wish I did not have to make it through Sunday first though.  :(

I don't know,, how it is okay....Molly had a huge cyst on her right shoulder when she was about 5 months old, it was just that a cyst, when she got neutered, they removed it.

I'd have the vet take a look, but for now I wouldn't worry. It's hard to tell from the photo, but it does look like a cyst and those are usually harmless.

I agree with everyone....it doesn't look like anything that won't wait until tomorrow when you can check with the Vet.  Please let us know.

Just to give you a little chuckle -

6 months ago I found a big 'tumor' between Samantha's paw pads. I was hysterical. Of course, I found it on a Saturday night. I was beside myself. She was licking it constantly which is something she does not do.

$85 to walk in to the vet without an appointment (very well spent). Vet sits on the floor with her, rubs her belly, takes her paw into her hand while speaking gently to her (I think that was for me). She looks and looks and then gets up to get her magnifying glass. OYE!! panic!!She looks and looks again, manipulates her paw pads. Gets up and leaves the room without a word. PANIC!!!

She comes back with clippers. CLIPPERS?!?!?!?!?!  Turns them on and shaves. WTD?? Shave a tumor??

Turns out there was a pebble that was twisted amongst her less that hairy paw pads that turned into a 'tumor'. I felt like such an idiot for not realizing it was tight ball of hair.

Paws crossed that it is nothing for Phoebe like it was for Samantha.

Thanks for the chuckle!  I am praying I, too, can be an 'idiot' and that this turns out to be nothing!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service