DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi, I hope this is the place to post this if not let me know. Harper and Kiera both got their mouths stuck in the bars of their crates, Harper first this morning at 6 am, I am making their breakfast and heard her howling they are still doing that when they want out but I do not let them out until they stop and are quiet but this was a different scream ,I turned around and she had pushed her mouth so far through the bars that her molar caught the bar , I was shaking by the time I got her out . She was fine , she ate and played , well about 9.30 I was drying my hair and heard them barking and so I hurried up sprayed my hair and ran in there and Kiera was now stuck but worse then Harper ! By the time I got her out I was in tears and shaking. She was OK  . Now I am afraid to leave them to go get my son afraid they will do it again? any suggestions?

Views: 251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How strange. What kind of crates do you have? This never happened to me. But at any rate I suggest you take them with you to get your son. On the way home get something like chicken wire to use for now to put on the crate to prevent them from poking their noses through the bars until they are too big to do that.

If they are both in the same crate, they need to be in separate crates. :)

I bought 2  crates  they are Life stages , I may take them to my moms , they still do not like car rides . here is a photo of the kind I have

Attachments:

No they both have their own crate .

I have similar crates. For now I would put something around the crates, like chicken wire, to prevent this.
How very scary. You are not the first, I've heard of this happening. In fact, it happened to my daughter's pup a few years back. . Could have had a more serious outcome had you not been around.
Just another reason I always prefer the Vari-Kennels or something similar.
Short of getting new kennels, I'm not sure what could be done.

Luckily the pet store is 2 minutes from my house I went and got 2 different crates the enclosed ones you can use for travel . have them set up and they are in them ! I have a few minutes to sit down before I leave to get my son. I am boxing up the other ones and returning them. Thanks everyone who commented. So nice to know I have somewhere to come when I need advice. :)

Oh...I was so hoping that you would be able to return the crates!  I am more than sure many have never had a single problem with these type crates, but as you have already learned, it only takes once...or in your case, twice!

Hoping your guys love their new crates....I always felt it was more "cozy" and more den like and all of my dogs have seemed to always love their crates.  Enzo is 10 months now and we leave the door open for her and she occasionally goes in for a snooze.

I am glad I went and got the other kind , I could not believe they both did it ! The only bad thing is I went ahead and got the Large because they will grow fast and now I cant block off the back so I am hoping they wont use it to potty in, they are doing really well with housebreaking. but I would rather clean up their poops then have to have something happen to them. we are already so attached to them.. Love my girls :)

I have a huge one, as it was my older Golden Retrievers....he left it in his "estate" to Enzo ;)

I never even bothered to block it off....and she never pee'd in it, other than the first 5 minutes she was in it, the first day home.  Hoping it does not become an issue for you....but it sure is better than the alternative.

Ouch - I'm glad you were able to get the vari-kennel so quickly, I'm stuck on them after a friend's dog had to have half his nose surgically removed from the wire and another had a torn up foot.  Much as I hate plastic, it beats physical damage to the dog.  They will grow quickly and crating will help with car travel as well

Two little girls, you are a busy woman!  Wishing you the best.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service