DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So it has been a few weeks and I just got the results of the allergy test back. I seems like Charlie is allergic to a lot of things but the worst looks like Dust Mites. This was probably one of the worst allergies because it is not seasonal. I am reading up on how to control dust mites in the home. I have a carpet cleaning company coming next week to do all the carpets. I threw away her dog bed and am working on lowing mites in the home. 

Does anyone have any experience with Immunotherapy? The allergy testing company suggested drops or shots. Has anyone tried either one? The vet also mentioned the drug Apoquel to control allergies. She said it is hard to get right now but might be helpful. Anyone have any experience with treating allergies with that drug or have any other advice. 

There is no veterinary dermatologist in my area. I'm trying to work with my vet for now. I'm just looking for any experience you guys may have. I'm trying to learn everything I can so I can help my poor itchy baby.  

Views: 476

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On the topic of food, though, you do want to feed a formula with a very low Omega 6:3 ratio. Fish based foods are your best bet. JD's dermatologist recommended Orijen Six Fish.

That's funny. Charlie is on Orijen Six Fish right now. 

You really can't do better for a dog who has Atopy. Best Omega 3 fatty acid content of any food on the market. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service