DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Bella , nearly a year old, has developed 2 hotspots. The vet gave us some medication & said that some dogs are just prone to them and that Bella is probably one of them..Oh no !!!!

Also, she has dry skin, despite having a can of sardines every week ( she loves them & full of omega oils) .The vet said flax seed oil for dogs, so I am just starting her on that .

Any ideas on hotspots & dry skin?

Thanks!

Ann

Views: 294

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it's a crusty area, almost like the scabs that cover an area after an open wound, usually starts as a wet area that does not dry out I believe. They are very itchy .Our vet shaved the area around it so it would dry out.Then we washed it off with an antibacterial soap ( some use hydrogen peroxide, but our vet does not) The medicine we used was a spray on with an antibiotic and cortisone in it, which healed it very fast. Thank goodness it's just been the once, the EOPO is working so well. She is also on a grain free diet, but I had been giving her treats & didn't realise to check them till someone posted here. I love all the information that people post here!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service