DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I see so many cute names here that I just have to wonder...where they came from. 

Molly is named after a very good friend of mine whom I adore.  Our lab Bear was named by his first family and we decided to keep it since he knew it was his.  Heidi was my mom's doxie who now has her forever home with us. 

So if you don't mind sharing....how did you pick your puppies names?

Views: 268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After MUCH deliberation in our home, Tori chose her own name from pieces of paper with our top 3 choices.  We wanted an 'australian' name since she is an aussiedoodle (Australian shepherd & poodle).  We had Kylie, Suki, and Tori.  She 'chose' Tori 5 times out of 7 (very scientifically done - lol).  Tori is aborigine for "elegant".  We think she did a great job of choosing the name that suits her best.

Great story!

That is a great name, thanks for sharing the meaning. Your Tori is brilliant.
Thanks so much!
Good idea!

Rosco: Made a list of names that sounded good to me...narrowed it down till Rosco was left =)  No special meaning for me...just liked it.

Boca: She was "Bokeh" in rescue and we just changed the spelling (possibly pronunciation too).

Our naming stories are rarely deep or meaningful.  With kids and dogs we name them based on what sounds good to us and isn't SUPERBLY common.

Ah ha... Love BOTH names - especially Boca... a new spelling for a new start - there's definitely meaning there :o)   and do you have a name for Baby # 2 ? Or are you keeping that a secret?
We have a short list, no winner :)  But yes a secret until he's born.
Can't wait!! What an exciting time for all of you!  Smart move keeping it  a secret!   What EVER you do... DON't ask DK members for their input!  LOL
Well I guess you can look at the spelling that way.  It was more of a practical choice.  Boca's not common and we were fine with it but the spelling was confusing :)  

I like "Boca" and "Rosco". Bouth sound good. So Spanish!

You probably know that "boca" means "mouth" in Spanish. And "rosco" means "doughnut". 

We plan on getting another doodle and Rosco is definitely on our list of names. Love it.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service