DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Finally we have a durable, good leash but Rippley poohed on it today :( how do I put In washer and maybe dryer without the metal clanging and possible harming the machine's drum? I was considering wrapping the hookend in something. Any ideas? Thx and sorry for the boring post!

Views: 358

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try wrapping it up in an old pillow case. 

That's exactly what I do - with her leash and her collars - I stick them in a pillow case with a load of towels so they get the "massage treatment" and then I hang them on the clothesline to dry.  What I am finding though is that Myla is a swimmer and her collars are smelling really gross after a camping trip - just throwing them in the wash doesn't make the smell disappear so I actually have to bleach them!  I just heard from a friend that you can get water collars that don't smell - I am going to check it out!

Wendy, we get our dogs water collars from hotdogsalldressed.  They call them hydro collars and you can customize them.  Our dogs have had the same collars for 3 years now and they look and smell like new.

http://shop.hotdogsalldressed.com/hydro-collars-decorated/

Thank you so much!  Am going to check it out now!

Do you think the narrower collars cause less friction or possible matting to their coats? Rippley has a 3/4" collar which seems fine but where it rests around his neck, his coat is actually shorter and curlier. Is that ok? I am thinking of going narrower - maybe it would be more comfy for him, too...

I think it depends on the size of the dog and how much of a "puller" he is!  A lot of the 1/2" collars are not made long enough for a bigger dog and the rings are pretty small so might not withstand a lot of pulling.  I had a 3/4" collar for Myla until she was 1 1/2 years old and now I have a one inch collar on her as I think it stands out nicer with her long fur.  Her hair is a bit shorter under the collar but it doesn't seem to mat there.  A lot of DK'ers have rolled leather collars which seems to prevent matting if that is a problem.

I will definitely be looking into this when my Orwell is full grown. Can you post pictures of the collars on your dogs? The Vizlas in their pictures make the collar look stiff and I'm not sure how I like that... 

Also, is there a way to see previews of a the collar options you pick out on this website?

I spot clean them with mild soap & water followed by Nature's Miracle to neutralize any odors, and then hang it to air dry. 

Somehow this discussion was duplicated. You can delete the other one as long as nobody replies. Once they do, all you can do is close it. 

Thx!
I am trying to figure it out, sorry about the duplication!

No problem! I just thought it might be confusing to have it in two separate discussions. 

We put our leashes in a fine washables bag and then throw the bag in with a load of towels. We then line dry them.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service