DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My Doodle is 8 1/2 months old. Do we have a ways to go, or are we about there? I'm hoping for more shaggy curls :)

Views: 739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fancy is 4 months old and kind of looks like your Loki, only Fancy is very very fluffy! Her coat has started to change in some areas already.

Stanlee just turned a year and hs coat just recently (at 14 months) got thicker, fuller, and a bit wavier (not longer) but....is he going to blow this coat or is this coat change going to stay?  Only time will tell.

Well, Luna is one of those funky short-haired doodles... but her coat didn't fully "settle" until I'd say about 1.5 years old.

At 10 months:

Tired after a long walk (10 months)

At about 1.5 (More wavy, more "feathering" on her legs)

I'm not taking visitors - it's nap time

At 2.5 the only changes since she was about 1.5 have been that the "furnishings" on the backs of her legs are much longer.  She's never been shaved down, the only things I trim are her chest/belly, tail and bum.

Luna looks like the gentlest dog ever!  Her eyes are so big and gorgeous!!

She is very gentle :)  She still has her hyper moments, but she's a pretty mellow pup.

She's so cute! She looks like a mini Golden :)

Libby was a little over a year before she had her final coat!  Loki is adorable, I love his coat.  Libby's is more curly then wavy and I wish she had a little more wave.  Maybe if I let it grow out some, but living in Fresno it is so hot and with the curls it would probably just matt anyway:)  He is beautiful!

Thank You!! I like Loki's coat to, just was hoping he would get the shaggy face and legs to. Maybe still to come :)

At 9 months, Chance's coat change has begun.  He mats terribly if I don't comb him out every day!

Oskar is almost 11 months & has gone from shaggy to curly all over...but it's not surprise, since his dad was really curly.  Oskar's hair is soft & doesn't mat.  I'd say he's in the process of or has finished with the coat change at this age.  His head/face was apricot when he was little, it's now white.  

Maggie is 13 months old, has no curls in her hair to speak of, and in the past month we have seen a HUGE change in the amount of shedding!  Thank goodness for that.  From the time we got her at 8 weeks old, she has shed like CRAZY!  And I mean CRAZY!  The past several months were the worst and all of a sudden, she is barely shedding.  We did follow the advice of a friend and change her food to a Salmon and Potato and we aren't sure if it is from the food, or from shedding her puppy coat, but ither way, we will take it. 

Attachments:

It could be seasonal shedding.  Luna sheds CRAZY amounts in the Spring/Fall.  During the Summer/Winter she sheds significantly less.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service