DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I just got a mini golden doodle from a breeder and she said my puppy would be 25-35lbs at maturity. Her mom is a golden retriever that weighs 75lbs and her dad is a mini poodle that weighs 18lbs. Nora (my puppy) is 8 weeks old and weighs 7.4lbs and I'm just trying to figure out if she really will be in that weight range. From what I've found online a good way to figure it out is to add both the parents weight together and divide by 2 but that would put her at about 46lbs. The breeder has been doing this for a long time so I trust her but this was that particular dogs first litter so there's no reference. The reason I'm so concerned is that my apartment has a 35lb weight limit on dogs. Any info on how much your doodle weighed at this age and their adult weight would be greatly apreciated! :) we love our little doodle so much and she is the best thing that ever happened to me. I included a picture of the mom, the dad, and our puppy. Any insight would be grest!

Views: 1482

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The old standard for figuring adult weight is take their weight at 16 weeks (4 months), double it, and add 5-10 pounds.  Worked for all my dogs.  My doodles are (were) from 55 pounds to 105 pounds.

Given the big range between the mom and dad, I don't see how the breeder can possibly give a guarantee.  

My friend got a F1 "mini" where the dad was about 18 and mom was 60 and their doodle is about 55 lbs.  

I have a F2 mini and the mom is 35 lbs and the dad is 30 lbs.  Our breeder told us to expect anywhere up to maybe 40 lbs (bigger than both mom and dad).  My pup, Watson, is 10 months old now and he is about 25 lbs right now and will probably put on a couple more pounds (6.5lbs at 8 weeks).  Watson looks almost the same size as my friend's lab mix that is 50 lbs.. partly due to his deceiving fluffy fur.. partly due to his long poodley legs.

by the way, that picture is super cute... 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service