DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

It was so scary. We were here at our grooming shop and Huff was barking like a maniac. I decided to let him off leash so he would stop. It worked but little did I know, the back door was open. He went to the back door unnoticed. He went outside, I don't really know what happened after that. Just a little while later, we noticed, "Where's Huff?" I remembered that I let him off leash and I saw the back door open. I panicked, my Dad panicked. We ran outside and I screamed, "Huff! Huff! Huff!" Then I heard my dad calling "Come here, boy! Come here!" I turned around and saw him standing at the top of the hill. We started calling him and he came! I was so scared. I feel so bad. I am so glad he is okay and glad that he actually came when he was called! We have tried to train him to come when called but nothing really works. I think he is getting better now, though. I just kind of needed to vent and didn't really know where else to post this, so I posted it here.

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm so glad to hear your story has a happy ending!! Your title line scared the doodle out of me!!! It is a horrible feeling the second you realize they are gone!! Been there!!!  Huff you are a good GOOD boy for coming when you are called!!  Take a deep breath, relax and give your doodle a big hug!!

Me too. It was horrible! I hope your story had a happy ending too:) He was such a good boy! I was so happy.:) Oh, I already hugged him and my heart is still racing!

My story had a happy ending too ! :) It was not Tara but another dog who escaped the back yard when a board came off the fence!  It took over an hour to find her but she was only one house away and looking totally lost and confused! Poor girl!  Fortunately we live in a low traffic area!!

Yes, that is good:) I am so glad your story had a happy ending too!:)

My worst nightmare!  So glad this had a happy ending!

Me too!:) That is also my worst nightmare...

So glad Huff is okay, Taylor!

Me too....:)

Oh Taylor, that must have been so scary for you! I am so glad everything worked out and Huff stayed close by! Good for him for listening so well too!

I know. He kind of surprised me, actually. I am glad that he came.:)

Ouch, that had to have been scary.  I am so glad he came to you!

Me too! I was so scared and am still a little shaken up!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service