DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Our 14 week GD puppy Atticus is a joy, but that dog is a teething machine. We have a fenced in yard, but have learned to ALWAYS have him on the leash or he will eat rocks, dirt or bits of mulch every time! (We know how serious his habits could be if not curbed. Those are all bad for puppies and not easy to remedy since one half of our yard is rocks beside our inground pool.)

Anywho, so we have Atty on a leash when we go outside, but now the little bugger is licking the bricks around our fireplace constantly. Do they smell like wood or wood smoke? What is the deal?

Anybody else have this problem or have suggestions other than bitter apple ...which I'm going to get tomorrow at Petsmart.

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Spud like to lick bricks. The ones at the fireplace and ones that were no where near the fireplace. He eventually stopped.
I'm so glad Atty's not the only one!!!!! (I think.)
Mine chew on dirt and mulch. I need to figure out a way to make them stop!
Max did the same when he was a puppy. We have a few little pieces missing from the hearth!! He would also bring in small rocks every time he went outside and we had to pry them from his mouth. On his walks he would always pick up something to carry (his prize) and one time tried to carry a fallen palm frond!! Why didn't I have my camera? He just chews his toys now but still likes to collect prizes on his walks.
It used to upset me--all the rock chewing and I certainly didn't want him to get something lodged in his throat. My husband, jokingly, would say how nice and DULL his razor sharp puppy teeth would become if I would just let him chew on the bricks and rocks.
sounds like my two year old son with the rock eating!
Maybe they like the chemicals that leach from bricks.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service