DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My daughter started me looking at sheepadoodles, I have two goldendoodles and they are the best!  I've had Snickers now for 4 months and she is adorable.  Looking through a lot of posts there are many different opinions on the OES/poodle mix so I thought I would let anyone thinking about a sheepadoodle know how our experience is going.  Snickers is smart, learns everything very quickly.  She was house trained within a week or two of bringing her home.  She is crate trained and walks in a lays down when I tell her it's time for bed.  That being said she can be stubborn but I have taken her for training and she is responding well, her biggest thing was running if she got loose, she loves to be chased.  I have some very high value treats in bags by every door in my house and every time I call her she comes and gets a treat.  It has worked wonders!  No more running.  Her fur doesn't seem to mat as bad as my blond goldendoodle, although I am retired and they all get regular grooming at home.  She is very fun loving and gets along great with my grandkids.  OES do NOT herd by nipping heels, they herd by pushing and bumping so the nipping is not an issue.  She isn't as cuddly as my older dogs but my female goldendoodle wasn't cuddle at all until she was older so we will just wait and see.  She is fun, friendly, cute and smart.  I am considering training her as a therapy dog.  As far as the cute factor, people stop us on the street and strangers ask to take pictures of my dog.  She isn't a goldendoodle, but she is WONDERFUL and I love her!

Views: 1032

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks.  I have had one ordered for a couple of years, but the breeder is not breeding them right now.  I can wait as I have two dogs right now, but I am looking forward to my sheepadoodle.

So sweet! She's a pretty good sized girl- how much does she weigh?

It's mostly fur, lol.  She weighed 29 lbs at her last vet visit 2 weeks ago.

She is just gorgeous!!!!...I wanted one so bably, but right now Oliver is enough for us..But I still dream of having one. We had two OES dogs many years ago when my kids were growing up, we had Panda Bear, and Flossie Bird, they were just wonderful, and have wonderful memories of them...they are very smart, as u can see, and I would imagine I would just love to have one just like yours...Well a girl can dream, lol....

Snickers is adorable.

She is adorable!  Cute name too :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service