DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Sydney is 14 mo. old. We've had her since she was 6 mos. old. In many ways she is well behaved (even won prizes at puppy class). She has a mind of her own and NEVER took to the crate. I tried all the suggestions offered, but I think that since she was 6 mos. when we got her crate training was not meant to be. I then tried gating her in a hall way. She jumped the gate. Got a higher gate. She chewed a hole in the wall by the gate (trying to chew her way out?). When someone is home with her she is an angel. She plays with her 10 yr. old sister, sits by my side. I work from home so that I'm home a lot. It was suggested that she had separation anxiety, so I did all the things suggested for that. I run her around before going out; give her plenty of things to chew on (when I'm home or out). Even leave the t.v. on when I'm not here. She has gotten better and I now do leave the house for awhile, always doggy proofing. She randomly, however, will still find something to rip up. It's usually paper, a magazine, the phone book. She'll leave pieces of ripped paper throughout the house (I don't know if she's eating any). She has chewed on the cloth of some of the furniture, but I think that has stopped, so maybe I shouldn't complain. I never had a problem leaving my 10 yr. old, who would cry for a bit and then wait for me. I would like to be able to go out without worrying about what she'll get into next. She's also a jumper and gets so excited to see anyone when they come in that she jumps on them. I've tried to stop this. Most people don't mind because she's only 20 lbs. and adorable, but I don't want her to do it. I thought she'd outgrow some of these annoying traits, but at 14 mos. they continue. Thanks for any feedback.
Pauline

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know if this will help but we feed Mitzi in her crate. Actually she was kept in a crate full time when we got her at six months of age, so she was used to it already, but she would run into the crate and wait to be fed when she saw me fixing her dinner. She runs ahead of me every day and waits to be fed there. She also goes "into her room" whenever any new people come to the house, for her it is a secure place. I made her a washable covering for the floor so it is comfortable, too.
Thanks to all your replies and suggestions. I'll try a few and see what works. Pauline

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service