DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So many names to choose from... I need input!!  I like the name to have some meaning so have come up with some themes...

MUSIC since we are getting our baby in Nashville... Johnny Cash?? We dont love much country music but do all like Johnny Cash.

MUPPET themed names because doodles look so muppetish, but the kids aren't going along with Fozzie or Grover...

COLOR For his red color I like Tabasco - 'Basco' for short...

The kids are rooting for Marley which is a great name too - but since the book/movie seems too obvious..??  

Any ideas? Votes?

Views: 680

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I see your point, and it is cute that way, I just liked Jennings because their last name was Jennings.  

True, and they COULD call him J.J......

Somebody else commented on what a great name we had given our dog - thinking Jennings was his name!

That was me ...

Oh!

I just met a doodle named "Toby" for Toby Keith- if you are into country music.  I think that name is adorable for a doodle.

Roan (pronounced like Rowan) means “little red one”,

Rory means “red king”,

Merle (for Merle Haggard)

Fionn (like Fionn MacCool) and pronounced “fin”

I do like Nash though, great idea, even if Don Johnson IS the first thing I think about.    

I just heard he is the roly-poly one of the bunch so 'little red one' may not fit! I like Rory and will try to not picture Don Johnson if we end up calling him Nash :)

Congratulations on your new puppy!  Where exactly is your pup coming from?  I live in a suburb of Nashville and I'm guessing that your pup is probably from a surrounding community.  I know there are some doodles in areas south of Nashville, specifically Brentwood and Franklin.  "Brent" and "Franklin" would both be cute names. 

For some reason, I saw your pup and thought of the name "Marty" for Marty Robbins.  Marty Robbins was a cowboy/country/pop singer from Nashville with reddish/brown hair and a moustache.  I think he was a contemporary of Johnny Cash.  He was popular before "my time" but I like his music :-)

He is coming from Goldens-N-Doodles in Brentwood. We will make a long weekend of seeing the sights - excited to see Nashville. I will have to check out Marty Robbins... got the Nashville connection and the red hair going!!

How about "Robbin"? (Marty Robbins and a RED robin)

Cash .... because that's what you'll need by the time he gets neutered, all his shots, flea and tick treatment as well as heartworm etc etc. He will be worth every cent though. :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service