DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

For a long time now we keep finding these bugs in our house. We don't know where they are coming from or what to do about them. We are open to all solutions.  I tried to take a lot of pictures to help in the identification process.  Just today, I saw one on my Living room chair:

Then I found one on the living room carpet. This one was a little bit less cooperative and didn't seem to want her picture taken:

I was totally grossed out when I found two of them on a guest bed:

And I certainly was not pleased to find this on my new couch. Yes, under all those covers is a new couch:

Does anyone know what these bugs are called? Are these the Doodlebugs or Lovebugs I keep hearing about?

Views: 294

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tina, I thought you had one :) Go to Target for the hat....LOL!

WOW, Laurie!  You got me!  I'm thinking EWE... I wonder if she has cicadas like we have been finding outside (but NOT inside), then I'm thinking - nah - Can't be fleas.... then I scrolled down... too cute.  Here's my take on these buggers...

From my experience with these types of bugs... you must be very careful as they can become easily infectious and can multiply very quickly without even mating!  Sometimes they hop and can jump really high, while at other times you can find them burrowing into small crevices and under your bedding.  I'm not sure I would call an exterminator, as I hear they are very difficult to 'get rid of'.  Most people have reported that once you 'find' these bugs in your home, they can quickly infect your cardiac muscle and removing them will cause more harm than good!

Shelly, This is a A plus comment, for sure!!! Every word is true!
LOL I'm just impressed on how they will stay still with that hat on and let you take their picture!  Love these two!
The brown bug was a lot faster than the white bug. She was not very cooperative, but the photographer was quick!
OMG I was actually ready to help you look it up and recommend Cedarcide sprayI love it!! Thanks for making my day.I will have to try that one on my husband and kids!!
Thanks, Rose. I did get some Cedarcide when someone posted here how great it is!!

Doodlebugs!

DH and I have a song for Peri called Doodlebug set to the tune of MMMbop!

Doodlebug...dooddooddoodlebug...doodoodledoodoodoodlebug...dooddooddooooood..ooooh yeah!
Love the song, Allyson!!
I read about this type of bug in my Organic Gardening book under the "Beneficial Insects" section! They are Doodlebugs and apparently they will do anything from kissing you  to chasing rabbits out of your yard!! People go to great lengths to try to attract them to their property!  I would definitely recommend that you try to keep them happy so they will stay with you.  The book says that as long as you provide them with a good food source they will stick around! These two are particularly fine examples of the species!!!
Thank you, Ricki. I am going to follow your advice and try to keep these two around!
Love those Doodlebugs!!!! LOL

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service