DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I'm due to travel on Wednesday to collect my puppy from Scotland in the UK.  I had it all worked out.  Early flight to Edinburgh, hire a car, drive to breeder (2hours) collect puppy, drive back to Glasgow airport, leave car back, taxi to Car Ferry (4 hours) and be collected in Northern Ireland then a two/three hour drive home.  That was` mad enough but I just decided to do a double check with the Ferry, and they just told me catagoricaly no way could I travel with a puppy as a foot passenger.  Even though they said when I booked that I could travel with the puppy but that he would have to be crated and stay in a room on the car deck.   I got nowhere with them on the phone and I obviously can't take a chance.

So now onto Plan B. I take the 7.15 ferry to Scotland (it's a three hour drive from here) drive 3 hours.  Pick up the puppy and go back the same way on the 8pm sailing.  Oh and also it's cost me a fortune with no refund for the other fares.  So, that's 12 hours driving in total. (6 with Riley)  Am I mad....??? I have booked it so please wish me ENERGY and good luck on this coming Wednesday.

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh' Nicky. May the force be with you..... It's fully worth it.. Then don't leave the house for the next few days when you return so you can rest up and enjoy your new puppy. Will be thinking of you and praying for a safe and smooth trip.
Oh my! Good Luck!! You can do it :-) That little pup will be so worth it! Can't wait to see pictures!!!
That does stink that you lost the $ and there is no refund :-(
oh no, this is awful!!! You'll be just fine!!!! It'll be totally worth it once you have your wonderful cuddly doodle in your arms!!! Maybe the long drive home will give you two a chance to do some one-on-one bonding :)
Oh Nicky-it will ALL be SO worth it, you won't even remember that when you see your pup! That's really a terrible flaw in your plan, no refund even though another worker said yes you could?? Oh the excitement, can't wait to see!! Good luck, maybe you should nap today???
Nicky...my husband's favorite saying is "The Luck of the Irish" so hang in there.  The luck is with you!!!!!  xo

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service