DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Anyone know of a good doodle groomer anywhere in NJ? I'm in middlesex county but am willing to drive a little to get a good experience and haircut for my doodle. Also do people cut the eyelashes or not? Any advice very appreciated.

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't cut your doods hair until after Christmas and you are done taking pictures, Murphy had the dorkiest hair cut last Christmas.....It's hard to find a groomer that will do a doodle cut, they usually do a poodle cut:o( I leave the lashes at one inch, they are cute long, but they get in the way a bit. Good luck.
Sheri thanks for the advice. I sure hope he doesn't end up looking like a poodle thats why I'm hoping someone knows a good groomer around my way.
I wish I could help but I groom my own dogs.
Aww thanks. I wish I could do it myself but i'm afraid I'm all thumbs:(
Eyelash length is a matter of choice.
This is a diagram from the Doodle Grooming group that you can take to a groomer to help get the doodle look. Diagram
We have used a mobile groomer that works in Hudson County and what we've liked about them is that they really listen to what you want and don't want and because they have only your dog, they will come and check with you during the groom if they have any questions or concerns. They are from Aussie Pet Mobile, you can use the 07305 zip code on the aussie pet mobile site to locate the one we use if you are interested. They may be able to work something out where you meet them somewhere since I think middlesex is out of their area. We're moving to New Brunswick next month so if you do happen to find one in the area please let us know.
Thank you that may actually work because my mother lives in bayonne . Yes if I find somone around here I'll let you know, I'm very close to New Brunswick.
Debbie Kaikaka (DK member and friend) told me she used Lou from Furs A Flyin in Piscataway. I saw the end result and thought she did a superb job!!!!
Oh thank you although that may be a hike for me it may be worth it. Thanks.
Mya, Debbie's doodle, came out gorgeous! I groom Charli but when she needs a pro to do it I will schelp there. Whatever you decide, tell the groomer what you want but I would start with what I don't want. After awhile, you might get tuned out so if you start with what you don't want, they may just hear it.
lol good advice!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service