DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have been involved in the breeding and adopting of Australian Labradoodles for almost two years now. I have been so confident to offer these guys to people with dog allergies with great results, no one has had to come back. I have a woman who has a daughter that was allergy tested, she is allergic to both the coat and saliva. Does anyone know how someone like this reacts to these dogs? Any experiences or stories to share would be appreciated. Thanks.

Views: 577

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First I have to tell you that I have severe allergies and am asthmatic..the number one trigger being cat and dog dander and saliva. I have an F1B Labradoodle rescued from the most notorious puppy mill in PA and of the poorest possible breeding stock imaginable...He has more of a poodle coat........I have absolutely no allergy problem with him in the least....

I am also fostering a non-shedding Australian multi-gen miniature Labradoodle originally sold to a family by a "reputable breeder" as a "hypo-allergenic" dog...She cost them $2500......She has a wool/spiral fleece coat....I have her completely shaved down right now due to severe matting (that's another story in itself) ....

I have been on allergy meds and inhalers since the day I brought her home......

We have established the fact that there is no such thing as a hypo-allergenic dog.....Bottom line.....These "breeders" need to stop telling prospective puppy buyers that these dogs are "hypo-allergenic"........In my opinion the majority of doodle breeders are cashing in on a brilliant but terribly misleading marketing campaign......As far as recommending a breeder?..( and I know them all I assure you )........I can count on one hand the ones that I would personally recommend to anyone....
HI J, YOur Puppy mill dog sure lucked out to get you & you her. Congrats on that. Yah, its the luck of the draw. Hope U place that rescue soon or achooooo people might accuse you of having the piggy flu LOL! PUppy love from JOy & furry folk
Hi Joy!....Thanks for the kudos!...She's going to a wonderful home next Saturday with my sister and her family in Rhode Island.....Wonderful dog friendly family..( my mom was a Lab breeder for 15 years so we all grew up in a dog savvy home...I developed asthma and allergies in my 20's)......I'm thrilled that she's still going to be in the family and that Blake and I will be able to visit frequently....(Zyrtec and inhaler in tow...lol)...Puppy love right back at you!
Not just reputable doodle breeders use the claim for allergy sufferers, although she does have them too.. This breeder (I use this term lightly) is just north of Chicago and I only just stumbled upon this sight researching a little doodle who played Toto (really cute) Anyway she sells over 1000 non shedding/allergy friendly dogs a year and seems to be selling them.
quote from her site " (Her name) specializes in non-shedding puppies that are good for the allergy sufferer; such as Bichon-Poo, Schnoodle, Yorkie-Poo, Cockapoo, Morkie, Maltese-Poos, Labradoodles, Goldendoodles, Shih Tzu Yorkies, Cavachons and Cavapoos.

I have read from an owner review that the 2 yr health guaranty is bunk and she had tried to return the dog after 2 days for health issues and was declined, so what do you think happened to this poor dog? or the 1000/year of these "allergy friendly dogs"?

ps my two ALD's (and a third if you include my inlaws ALD) do not aggravate our little ones allergies...so we are very fortunate!! and blessed
If that's Pups4kids in Gurnee, IL, she is not a breeder. She is a broker who formerly owned a pet store, and decided she could make more money by just selling the puppies herself from a website and cutting out both the middle man and the overhead of a retail store. She gets the pups from the mills and sells them on-line from that site.
Yes Karen that is who I was talking about. I didn't know we could list names. She is selling an unbelievable number, making the allergy claim. If she can legally continue and probably so many others, and if the dogs parents can't be checked out (saying you know those facts to be true of where she is gathering her puppies) and at the unbelievable numbers going out her door...to homes or who knows where...My question and response to Jacquie, if the reputable breeders stop making the claims like you wish, do you really think these type of people will stop too! Or even feel the pressure to do so. I say nope!
Hope this ends up in the right place, the format is tight. We try not to use member's names, lol, and it is no secret in our area that she doesn't breed the dogs herself. Although I guess it would be better to say she buys the dogs from commercial breeders.
Just as the reputable breeders should not be compared to these others, they should also have higher standards. Telling the truth about the dogs is one of the signs of a responsible breeder. When only the disreputable ones are still telling the lies, it will be easy to tell them apart, lol.
How can this be true when so many different breeds went into the breeding of Australian Labradoodles ...all the breeds they used were not hypo-allergenic.
Hi Kim, I have had people who were allergic to doodles and had to give them up, were fine with schnoodles. I'm not breeding right now in this economy but I do have a possible referral. The other option would be a chinese crested without the puff on their head. There are some wi absolutely no hair. Then train them not to lick. Have your people contact me if they want referrals. Puppy love from Joy & furry folk caringpro@yahoo.com
Yes, I had a schnoodle years ago who also did not shed; the reason being that schnauzers, unlike goldens and labs, do not shed. Two parent breeds that do not shed = non-shedding puppies. A schnoodle is a much better choice than a labradoodle or goldendoodle of any generation for people who truly have allergy problems. They are also wonderful, affectionate dogs. And when we talk about non-shedding service dogs, we should keep in mind that unlike retrievers and poodles, schnauzers are working dogs.
FYI I have a 25lb schnoodle coming into rescue next week. The foster mom & I will be evaluating neutering & then placing him. If anyone is interested, email me at caringpro@yahoo.com. We think he is 3 years old. We got him pulled the day before he was to be euthanized. Whew! Puppy love from Joy & furry folk
I have one of Angela's Schnoodles which leads me to believe Shnauzer is one of the breeds involved with the Australian Labradoodle. I would appreciate the referral. We are keeping our lines Tegan Park and Rutland Manor as pure as possible so we can assure what we guarantee is true to the best of our knowledge. Thank you.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service