DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My doodle is a mess. 104 fever. Diagnosed with left side hip displasia, allergies, and a infection around her urethera. Just had xrays under general anesthesia, three medications, a joint suplemnent for her pain, a consult with a orthopedic vet this week with possible surgery. Vet said to discontinue Taste of the Wild immediatley and switch to a brand that is 80$ a bag! (CA Natural). My dog hasn't moved in three days and wont evenplay ball. That is how bad she is hurting. I want to cry. She is only one yr old! $600 vet bill. Plus lifetime monthly medication for almost a hundred a month plus that special food? Please, start throwing out opinions... I need some hope.

Views: 1227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you tried peanut butter?  I used to coat Gavin's pills in peanut butter and then stick them in his mouth.  The stickiness made it difficult to just lick the coating off and spit out the pill.  He still eyes me suspiciously when the peanut butter jar comes out lol/

Peanut butter is cheaper and healthier than pill pockets, too.

Sooo funny, I bet he does. Gonna try that tonight! Thanks :-)

Peanut butter is what I use for administering pills.  If that doesn't work, then I shove the pill down their throat.

Yup, that's what we always use. My parent's Springer just laughed at me when I tried it with him, though. 

My Springer must be a bit less bright than your parents' springer.  Gordie falls for the peanut butter every time - except when he had his first surgery and had a reaction to the medication.  Then it was definitely the shove down the throat method.

I think it is stubborn not smart. He's pretty old and set in his ways. ;o)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service