DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My DH bought me an iPad yesterday...I am pretty excited as I have never had one but I haven't even taken it out of the box yet.  Although I am starting to wonder if he is trying to send me over the edge as I am the most un-tech savvy person in the world and his gift of an iMac and PS CS5 is just about to send me to the looney bin...LOL.  Just wondering what some of the favorite apps are, what you love about your iPad if you have one, and any cool accessories I should get.  He did buy me the smart case for it but I don't like it and am going to return it and get a more stylish leather one.  He also got me a camera connection kit with a card reader which I think is very cool.

After my playdate at the pool with my favorite 3 year old today I am going to open the box and get started!    Hmmm...come to think of it...my favorite 3 year old is a computer genius..maybe I will ask her what she loves about her iPad..LOL.   Thanks for any cool advice on apps and "stuff".

Views: 579

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's it, exactly. And sit on the sofa next to JD, without needing lap desks and mouses. Or it is mice?

Exactly. Cuddle up with that boy too!  I had a laptop and miss it so much.  But it was great to be with the dog while you talk about dogs!

I think you really need one right away.  If Ronna does not open that box soon, I say she sends it to us

Sadly, my car decided it needed $4000 worth of repairs last month, so the iPad will need to wait a little while, unless we do get Ronna's, lol!

HA!  I was just running in here to suggest Ronna's because I could only see your partial response.  But, GMTA!  WE have the right idea

Sorry about your car. OUCH.  There is a car repair app.  Also, I still have the Kelly Blue Book app on my phone.  I used this app a lot last fall when  we had to get a new vehicle.

You're on the car lot, you just punch in the year, make, model, mileage,  etc and we knew what the price should be.  Good App

Ouch, ouch.

Oh stop, Karen! I hate car repairs. Arrrgh! So sorry.

If you ask me, and you didn't, a laptop is generally far better than a tablet especially for those, naming no names, who tend to post looooong replies. For web browsing, DK etc. Much better. The tablet is good for games, reading and out of the house portability. Maybe you need both : )

I agree with you here, F.  A laptop is much better.  And I think a laptop would be much better for Karen's needs.  ( listen to me--like I know what Karen needs )   A tablet is a toy more or less.

Too much auto-correct in the ipad.  Hard to type it all out .. .

Karen, get a nice little laptop. 

You can probably turn off the auto correct. I did on the phone. And tablets are going to become more like laptops but they are not there yet. When I complained about the heat or something from my MacBook the Apple person told me they are not meant to be on your lap!!! I said well, why do they call them laptops : )

I have a laptop. But I need a mouse, and that makes it very difficult to use it just sitting on the sofa. It requires a surface for the mouse.  I am not coordinated enough to move my finger around in that little space and have the cursor end up where I want it, lol. Especially when playing games which are timed and require precision. I want a touch screen.

have you tried the tiny cordless mouse?  Love that one.  I just used my jeans, leg, dog, whatever as a mousepad

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service