DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Just wondering if anyone can help us find a Irish doodle.  I have found a few but some are 1800-2000.  We don't want to pay that much.  We are willing to pay for a pet but I think thats alot.  We would appriciate any help...

Thanks

Views: 6613

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would be very careful buying a dog from anywhere in Lancaster, PA. There are many Amish Puppy Mills up there that are very good at disguising what they really are and how they treat their animals. Also, lots of BYB's that do not do any health testing on the parents.

I agree Laurie.

I would stay away from that area of town. There are guidelines on this site somewhere on how to chose a reputable breeder. One very imprtant thing is to make sure the parents are health tested.  Make sure you see the papers. I have a dog that came from a disreputable breeder who's parents were obviously not health tested, and although he is the most loveable guy, He has a lot of health problems.

:>)

Yes, run don't walk from that area - these mills and byb dogs fill the shelters once genetic problems begin to surface.  Good breeders do not advertise on kijiji and in papers.  They do not need to.

I had no idea about that-Amish, huh?  Wow, I'll keep that in mind.  I do notice that there are a lot of puppies advertised from that part of the country.  Sad!

My Charli (3) and my GrandDoodle (3) are both from Amish PMs- PA and Ohio. Samantha (4) is from a South Dakota PM. So far we have been blessed with no genetic health issues but only time will tell.

As BruceGirl said RUN!!!! Better yet, don't go!

Deborah - the Amish ARE puppy mills.

Good breeders also don't sell their pups to pet stores.

There is a rescue near me (NY) that gets tons of puppies from the Amish. They are usually in poor shape and under 6 weeks old. It is so sad. Right now they have 7 six week old HavaChon puppies.

Hi Lisa! I have an Irish Goldendoodle. Her mother is 1/2 golden retriever and 1/2 irish setter and her dad is 100% standard apricot poodle. She was $2,000 but they reimburse you $200 after you spay/neuter the dog. They also reimburse you I think maybe $100 if you get it "good citizen" certified. She was worth EVERY penny and is in such good health (knock on wood) that all we've had to pay for so far is vaccines, frontline and the spay. She is the talk of the town and I swear people stop me everywhere I go and ask about her. Best money ever spent. It's so worth it. She literally doesn't shed at all. I've never found a single hair. The only complaint I have is that she likes to bark and she gets matts in her hair so I'm going to get her groomed and get a furminator. Other than that, she  is the best thing that ever happened to me! :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service