DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So I'm out driving around town during my lunch break and pull up to a stop sign. I notice the car in front of me has a very furry dog in the back. Immediately, I wonder - could this be a doodle? Since I hadn't decided where to buy lunch, I thought I'd follow this car and see if I could get a better look. Who knows - maybe they were headed to Taco Bell!
After a couple of turns and another stop sign, the car pulled into a grocery store parking lot. I still had some time, so I followed them in. I parked a couple of stalls down and waited for the humans to get safely out of site. The last thing I needed was them making a 911 call about the crazy lady following them in the parking lot! How could I explain I was just interested in their dog! When I knew the coast was clear, I slowly drove by their car hoping to make eye contact with the furry stranger. Just I passed, he looked up. And lo-n-behold - A DOODLE!. I'm guessing a Labradoodle. I was so excited my doodle sense was correct.
I wanted to find his family and tell them that I was a doodle fan/owner myself and see if they knew about the DK site. But thinking that would for sure freak them out, I decided against it. I was just happy to discover another doodle plus I still had time to make it to Taco Bell!
So does anyone else get this caught up in other doodle discoveries or is it just me?

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YUP!!!!!

My mother tells me that I am going to wind up in jail someday because I will pull over and stop the car to get out and talk to ANYONE with a Doodle!
Yes, yes, YES ... holy cow I do the same thing unless I'm late to work!
If I see anyone walking a dog from a distance my first impulse (not even a full thought) is "could it be a doodle?" LOL
Here's a link to what I did last year:
http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/2065244:Topic:27601
I just went to your discussion from last year. Great responses. I guess I should have known this topic had been talked about before. I have one for You Know You're a Crazy Doodle Owner when . .
I'm sharing my bed with my DH (I also thought D stood for doodle :)) and our 65lb doodle is spread out horizontally between us. As I'm trying desparatly to get her turned around so I have at least a little bit of room, my DH says "I can get her to sleep on the floor". My response is "No, that's ok", to which he says "I wasn't talking to you".
Have to admit, it did make me laugh.

My DH and I just had a good laugh over your story! We thought it was so funny because I can clearly hear him saying this to me! Love it!
ROFLMAO
OHHHH toooo funny!!! how cute!
Is there a hidden camera in our home?
That is TOO funny! I have not done it, YET. :) Got to love those doodles.....
I see this beautiful doodle in my neighborhood all the time, I'm talking every morning and evening just about rain or shine. must be close to 100lbs or so, has the must elegant gait,but his tail is cropped and I'm thinking what did they do...
If it looks like a Doodle, but the tail is cropped, I wonder if it is a Wheaten Terrier.
I always look to see what kind of dog is walking their humans - have run into a doodle or 2. So far, haven't followed one to the market but the scenerio just hasn't been there - yet!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service