DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So I'm out driving around town during my lunch break and pull up to a stop sign. I notice the car in front of me has a very furry dog in the back. Immediately, I wonder - could this be a doodle? Since I hadn't decided where to buy lunch, I thought I'd follow this car and see if I could get a better look. Who knows - maybe they were headed to Taco Bell!
After a couple of turns and another stop sign, the car pulled into a grocery store parking lot. I still had some time, so I followed them in. I parked a couple of stalls down and waited for the humans to get safely out of site. The last thing I needed was them making a 911 call about the crazy lady following them in the parking lot! How could I explain I was just interested in their dog! When I knew the coast was clear, I slowly drove by their car hoping to make eye contact with the furry stranger. Just I passed, he looked up. And lo-n-behold - A DOODLE!. I'm guessing a Labradoodle. I was so excited my doodle sense was correct.
I wanted to find his family and tell them that I was a doodle fan/owner myself and see if they knew about the DK site. But thinking that would for sure freak them out, I decided against it. I was just happy to discover another doodle plus I still had time to make it to Taco Bell!
So does anyone else get this caught up in other doodle discoveries or is it just me?

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am guilty as well! I am always looking at dogs, if they remotely look like a labradoodle I find a reason to go over and begin a conversation. I wonder if all people do this with their dogs? I do know many times we have been walking down the street and people stop their cars and ask about Leo. If it is a nice day and a lot of people are out my husband thinks we got lost because we've taken so much longer than usual. People seem to gravitate towards these dogs. Not to my surprise though, they are wonderful dogs with amazing personalities.
I am driving home from work yesterday and I saw a Blonde Samantha standing with a man and 2 women. I was on the phone with my Mom who live in AZ and told her I have to go meet a new Doodle, call you back. Made a u-turn (legal) and go say hello. His pup is gorgeous but you could tell from her body language, she is very shy. The DD tells me has 'the dumbest dog in the world'. I was so insulted for his pup. I wonder if she is not a bright pup - I find that very surprising but you never know - or if the pup has been to school.
I invited this DD to join us here in DK and I hope he does. I would love to chat to find out more on his pup.
I loved reading this and Adina's older post! I can't tell you how many times Tom and I have ambushed people in parks, on sidewalks and in cars just KNOWING it was a doodle! So far, no one has called 911 - mostly because we were right and they are as doodle crazy as we are! It's like we have a not-so-secret society of DO (doodle owners) and share a special bond. Or maybe it is just consoling to see someone else crazy enough to drop a grand or two on a "mutt"? Mostly I think it is because of how our doods have taught us to love everyone, to share the joy of doodlehood and to enthusiastically bond with others in bringing doodle-happiness to the world.

And after all, how many people stopped you on the street with your other breeds, gushed over your dog, asked if they could take a picture of him, pet him, etc? No, there is truly something very special about doodles. Those of us who have them know it, and others see it when we have them out with us. I think it's great to have a place like this to share our passion for our doods, and natural that we want to share it with like-minded others, bringing them into the fold.

Personally, our social life hasn't been this good in years! Thanks, Mater!
I'm bad at that. When I see one on the street and I'm riding with DH I kind-of scream and yell - "A DOODLE". Scaring the crap out of my DH. He never agrees because he thinks we are the only ones to have these dogs. (He always says noone else would pay that much for a dog.) Obviously by looking at this site he is again wrong! Just like usual.
I would find it hard to believe that anyone who has a doodle would welcome your interest. Even if it appears that you were stalking:-) I know that I am so flattered when Gus gets attention. He is a real chick magnet and unfortunately a guy magnet too. I cannot go anywhere where I don't notice the envy. Our boys and girls are completely cool, lets face it. Best looking dogs? You bet. Smartest? Gus it brilliant. He appears so approachable and loves everyone. Kids love him too. I cannot even shop when when I have him along because of people wanting to pet him.
Hind site is always 20/20 but I would not have been freaked out if some left a note on my windshield, maybe recommending the Doodlekisses website to me. You could then find them.
Paul and GusGus
Leaving a note is a good idea. I'll remember that for next time. I know what you mean about being a magnet. We take our two to the beach from time to time and and the amount of people that stop us is unbelievable. I think once we counted about 30 people stopping us in a 3 hour period! If you're in a hurry and need to run in and out of some place, it's best to leave the little darlings in the car. They get soo much attention - I love it!
"Hello, my name is Nicole and I'm a doodle-stalker."
"Hello, Nicole."

I fear that this scenario is just around the corner for me! :)
Yup, me too......................my kids get SO imbarrassed.
I make my DH pull over so that I can talk to people I see walking their doodles down the street. We were driving home from Arizona day before yesterday and pulled into a rest stop. I was walking my mom's dog and thought I saw a doodle across the parking lot. I raced over to the other car to get a better look. It wasn't a doodle but it was a poodle mix. The poor people probably thought some crazy lady was going to rob them!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service