DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

He's always had a jumping problem- jumping on us, strangers, during greetings, basically anytime he's sees anything of interest to him. But now when he jumps on us there is biting accompanying it. If we are out walking and we tell him no about something or do something he doesn't like he jumps on us and bites down on either our forearm or now even upper arm- and hard! If we try to calm him down or direct him into a sit he completely ignores us and does it even more. I'm getting scared that something is wrong... He's never been aggressive other than normal puppy nipping.

Views: 530

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you just answered your question of why is this happening :)   He's demanding what he wants from you as he would another pup.  I've been there!  Everyone is spot on with advising you to continue training even retaking the same class more than once or twice. 

Here is a link to a book I love that addresses growing stages and what to expect, what is appropriate to teach at what time and how to correct behavior issues.  Perhaps it can be a help to you - some public libraries may have it to borrow.  Puppy Problems? No Problem!

http://brendaaloff.com/books.html

I recommend you take him to my trainer...really more of my 'mentor' because I live 4 hours away and she has helped me plan and troubleshoot my training primarily through email.  But I've met her at a training seminar and I have driven 4 hours for two meetings with her in person to help me with my training.  She has trained or mentored in training all sorts of troubled dogs.  I recommend her with high confidence.  She has put obedience titles on most, if not all, of her dogs.  She is in your area, her name is Kali, and her site is:  http://www.civisdogtraining.com -- she's strict but extremely GOOD at fixing dog problems.  One 10 week class with her, and Winston will be farther along in training than all the classes you've taken so far combined (including the one you are starting).  I can't recommend her highly enough!

Thanks Adina. I have seen you recommend her before, and the fact that you were willing to drive 4 hours means she must be worth it. I'm going to shoot her an email and see what her pricing is like. We are already paying for training now so I'm hoping it will be feasible for me to pay for both.... and strict is good!

I hope you can make this work....I really think this is your answer.

Thank you :) Me too!

It helped that I have family in the area, but still, I wouldn't have done it to meet with just any trainer.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service