DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I need new floors after the puppies.. I would love tile like they down south but that would too cold here.. I thinking wood but I have some already and it does dent and so on.. I also almost want commericial carpet ? ideas?

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Someone posted about a varnish that kept a friend's floor from scratching...search 'wood', 'wood floor,' 'varnish' etc in the Forum.
I some laminate now.. but it does scratch.. it was here when I got the house so I don't know what brand it is.
Here's what I'm doing. I haven't done it yet but am in process. There is rubber flooring that you find on the floors at 24 hour fitness. It's not gorgeous but I figure I can buy throw rugs that look like persian rugs. They are cheap at Big Lots or Home Depot or Lowes. About $50. When they get too much pee poop or vomit, I'll just throw them out & buy another throw rug. I also figure that if the rubber flooring doesn't work out, it makes great underpadding. Those contracting companies that install the flooring for the gyms often have huge remnants that can be pieced together leaving only a small seam here and there. I want something that is easy, soft & warm to walk on but not porous bcs of dogs. Also that wheelchairs can wheel on. This seems like the best idea for me. I have already bought about 1,000 ft in remnants but haven't laid it yet.They use something similar in horses stalls but they fit together like puzzles and liquid can get in the seams. However they have something like those at Big Lots & they would be good for places unlikely to get peed on. Puppy love from Joy & furry folk

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service