DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We are going up to the Northwoods in Wisconsin with Yeti this weekend and I'm very worried about ticks. I've been hearing on the news for the last couple of weeks that this is supposed to be the worst year on record for ticks in Wisconsin. We give yeti nexguard on the 15th of each month. I was wondering if we could also put a flea and tick collar on him for extra protection. Would this be overkill? Is there such thing as overdosing on flea and tick medicine? I'm not sure how the flea and tick collars work we just thought it might be nice for a little added protection .

Views: 338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In this situation, I think I would use the tick collar, but remove it when you leave the area with a tick infestation.  Topical or flea collars are toxic to the fleas, but also are not something you want to be handling.  We don't use collars or topical flea and tick medication on the dog who sleeps with us.  Now we have started them all on the oral medication which I prefer to the topical medication or tick collars.  But remember, just because the dog has taken tick medication does not mean you cannot get ticks.  Check yourself carefully whenever outside and wear socks over your pant legs.  I have had two tick bites recently, the dogs have had none.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service