DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

The food group got side-tracked discussing their tennis ball obsessed doodles.  I have one too!  I thought the topic deserved front page coverage. (Maybe the FG'rs can cut and paste their stories here.)

Gavin will sit for literally an hour, in wait for someone to toss a ball to him.  Here is part of his collection which has to be kept on the window sill out of his reach:

And here he is with his favorite Kong Squeeky Tennis Ball

Views: 296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Quincy is totally tennis ball obsessed, he would play all day if he could. Out best investment ever is the Chuck it and we have had the same one for almost 2 years. He will drop his ball on the floor and stare at it as if he could move it with sheer will power and of course when you are playing ball he has to work it so that it has just the right amount of slobber. If there are other dogs around, he will ignore them and focus on the tennis ball and if you take too long to throw it he gets impatient and will bark. The only good thing is I am definitely in charge when I have the ball.  The funny thing is tennis balls are the only toys that he doesn't destroy.

Quincy is "having a ball!"  Pretty boy!
Wonderful captures and nice collage! Quincy certainly looks like he's in love with his toy ball.

My Rosie obsessed. I try not to give her a ball at home because her favorite game is get the ball under furniture where she can't get to it and then dig and scratch...no thank you. She is so obsessed that if I want to get her to play with other dogs at the park I can't even bring out the ball and most likely even if I do that she will just stare at me as if to say...Mom your job is to throw the ball. Sometimes a smaller boy of any breed will catch her attention and she will play but mostly it is fetch fetch fetch. Doodles inherited a genetic thing from labs where they have no limit to fetching and can just fall down. I gage Rosies energy level by the way she comes back with the ball, running, walking, dragging a bit.

Last summer we took Rosie to Michigan with us and she spent 5 days on the beach. We threw the ball down to the river from the house and she loved it. The little river had leaches and of course Rosie got a couple of those on her...yuck.

It makes sense from the poodle perspective that doodles are obsessed too, poodles were originally bred for water retrieving.

People scared us against tennis balls for multiple reasons. The inner core is not digestable which I found out after Rosie stopped shredding tennis balls. Also, we read that bigger dogs when excited can chew and accidentally swollow a tennis balls. My altimate favorite ball is Huck.(http://www.westpawdesign.com/catalog/dogs/dog-toys/eco-friendly-dog...) WestPaw makes the best toys!!! I was so sick of hearing toys were indestructable...my Rosie could chew up anything...like a shredder. I also love the Huck ball because it is a little heavier and it is my morning weight training for both arms and my both arms feel stronger.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service