DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We welcomed another doodle into our family in December...a 4 year old we adopted from a rescue. Her name is Mimzy. She is beautiful and wonderful! However, we are dealing with some bad allergies. She chews and licks by her bottom a lot. She was on pred everyday when we got her and we were able to wene her down to pred every third day. However, I don't know if it is because of the beautiful spring weather or what, but she is super itchy again. I hate to keep her on the pred any longer. Any suggestions??

Views: 288

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats for rescuing Mimzy.  Her name brought back childhood memories of my neighbor's dog.  Thanks for that.

I am sorry she is so itchy.  She has been de-wormed hasn't she?

Is it possible that her anal glands are bothering her, or could she be irritated by yeast?  Maybe the cause isn't allergies, but something else that is irritating her back there.

I had her in for a grooming on Friday....yes to the yeast. I got a prescription for that. It would be great if that was all it was, but unfortunately, I don't think it is. I'm thinking about trying some of the OTCs that were recommended! Thanks everyone for advice! :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service