DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am so shook up I can barely type. We were out on our a.m. walk when suddenly this dog got out of his yard and attacked JD. I had to drop his leash, he was trapped. JD put up a fight but he's handicapped by his ruptured disc, and he fell. The other dog was over him down on the ground, I was screaming and trying to kick the other dog, I don't even know exactly what happened, my brain just shut down and it's a blur, it all happened so fast, but the dog was off of him by the time the owners came out. I was mostly worried about JD's back and didn't even know he was bitten until we got home. He has a puncture wound with a tear under his eye (thank God he missed the eye itself) and a big scrape across the top of his head. We're just back from the ER. They cleaned it and gave me pain meds and antibiotics...just what he needs with his IBD. I may not give him the pain meds, but I have to give him the amoxicillin, which is certain to upset his stomach. And I have to apply warm compresses to the wound under his eye several times a day for a few days so it doesn't scab up too fast. I am so upset I'm shaking. That dog got out of that yard so fast and so easily, they may as well not even have had a fence. 

Going to pick up his amoxicillin now. Poor JD. 

Views: 3709

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is my biggest fear.  So glad to hear that you are both ok.  Hopefully the meds won't bother Jack's tummy and all will be well.  I agree that the owners need to step up.  Glad that you left the message and hopefully the will "get it" and do the right thing! 

Thanks, Sheri. 

I posted somewhere here that the owner did come over and apologize and said he wanted take care of the vet bill.

Also that it won't happen again. 

Very good.  Glad to hear that they are being responsible.

I am so sorry to hear about Jack and you. It's always a fear in the back of my head that this might happen, even more so now that I sometimes walk two. I hope JD isn't too traumatized or you too for that matter. Sending big hugs your way.

Thanks, Janie. 

Oh, Poor JD! I'm so sorry to hear this Karen. Hugs to both of you.

Thank you, Rose! 

Oh dear goodness, what a terrible thing to happen and what a fright you obviously got. Do keep us posted on how both of you are. I am just heading to bed with a 4am start to get to London on business but I will be checking in when I can. Thinking of you both and sending lots of virtual doodle hugs from us here.

Thanks, Nicky. Have a good trip! 

Karen- I am so sorry to hear this and can empathize since Seamus was attacked a couple of weeks ago also.  It was not as bad as JD's incident, but he was was down on the ground and the other dog had him by the neck.  The owner and I stopped it right away but Seamus was quickly deflated and upset.  It's sad to hear how many doodles get attacked by aggressive dogs. I feel Seamus is seen like a sheep among some dogs:(  I hope JD has a speedy recovery and that the owners compensate your medical bill. Big hug from nyc...xx

Thanks, Haidee! 

Oh Karen I'm so sorry to hear this, what a horrible experience.  I hope you both recover soon and I would bring your vet bill to the owners of the dog who attacked JD.  Sending doodle {{{{{hugs}}}}} your way.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service