DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hey everyone :)  You guys are always so good at listening and anwering questions related to my doodle.  I don't know... maybe you guys can help me too.  I'm just going through a hard time.  For the past two years I was working at this great job... part time, 20 hours a week, only 4 hours a day, out at noon everyday, making an excellent salary AND had benefits.  For the most part, I loved my job.  I felt so proud of it and besides doing Administrative Assistant work it also let me be creative by using PowerPoint.  Back in March the company restructured and my position was eliminated.  I didn't get to say goodbye to any of the people I had worked with for two years.  Just within a half hour period, my job was gone and I was told to leave.  No notice no nothing just leave.  It's been hard for me.  No closure, no nothing.  I don't do well when I don't have closure.  I since have been looking for a job, but I keep comparing everything to what I had.  I got offered this excellent job yesterday, full-time, at a company not even five minutes from my house, a big nationally known company, with paid holidays off, monday through friday, benefits, but the job is as a receptionist.  I guess I'm just scared now.  I'm scared, am I making the right choice?  Will I just be answering phones or will I also be doing secretarial work like I have been?  My husband says I have to leave the past job in the past, it's over and done with... but that's so hard for me because I keep looking back at what I had and what seemed to work for me.  How do I close the door on that part of my life and look forward and see this as a new adventure?  I just have so many questions and I'm just so scared and I want to do what's right for my family.  Any advice?

Views: 686

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is great news! Im thrilled for you. Thanks for updating us.
Joanie, what a roller coaster ride you've been on. I'm so glad you now have a job now where you are happy. Life throws us all sorts of challenges. How we meet them is what makes it so diverse and dictates our future path. I wish you every success and longevity in this new position. Thank you for updating us all here.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service