DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So far all I am doing is taking Lola for a drag! I even put the leash on our older dog, Grady Boy, to show her its OK.... Nothing!.... Lola wont walk!!.. HELP!

Views: 358

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Treats, toys, encouraging her to move forward. Once she gets comfortable with it, she'll be unstoppable! ;)

Thank you! Ive tried treats and toys..I will keep it up. She just sits and looks at me like I am the crazy one! And I have to admit...a sucker for her cocked head face!

Know what you mean! Try sitting in front of her and encourage her to come to you, while on the leash. Make a big deal of it each and everytime she moves forward. Time and patience! ;)

Sounds like a good plan...hubby is going to hold leash and ill sit in front of her! As soon as he is done snow blowing the driveway!!

Good luck! Don't forget to report back! ;)
And stay warm! Currently73 here in Southern Ca!

I will for sure! And niiiice its a balmy 17 degrees here in Northern Indiana!

Oh Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! I think I'd be practicing in the house!

That we will!!

She is a BABY   :) 

A tiny baby. She will get it in the next few months.

Watch Youtube video

Keep in mind those videos are for alder dogs.

Look up, Positive Reinforcement Videos for leash training.

Good Luck

Great idea! And yes, Lola is 3 months today!!! She already is sitting and real close to laying down too!!

make sure you are not pulling her hair in the collar-that happened to us and he hated the collar.  we also would walk him around the house, treating him for loose leash moments.  good luck! 

Yes Ive been very watchful when putting her collar on! And we have also been walking Lola around our yard with no leash and she has had many loose leash moments! Her big brother, Grady Boy, [ non doodle], also walks with us and she follows him very well! Its amazing me how fast she is picking everything up, and yet not the leash!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service