DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello! I am brand new to Doodle Kisses. We are looking for a mini golden doodle and based on neighbors'  referrals have completed an application with GlenEden in Western VA but so far I am not impressed because there is such a lack of communication.  Any advice or referrals for minis? I am located in NJ. Thanks! 

Views: 473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tara, welcome to DK. :)

Breeder referrals, recommendations, or reviews are not permitted here in the main forums. People can private message you if you accept a friend request from them. 

If you have not already done so, please read our excellent article What to Look for in a Breeder. This is the most valuable guide you could have for evaluating any doodle breeder you might consider, and far more reliable than personal recommendations. I would use it as a check list and run from anyone who cannot measure up. 

You should also check the GANA breeders list; they must adhere to certain standards in order to be listed, so it's a good place to start. 

Good luck in your search. 

Oops ok didn't realize. Thank you! 

If anyone is a happy mini owner in New Jersey and could send me a friend request so we could private message, I would appreciate it! Thank you!! 

Welcome to DK. Good luck in your search. I have a mini and we just love her. Her last vet check, she was 15lbs at just over 2 years. I would not recommend my breeder however, so I won't message you about it, plus I'm not in New Jersey.

Tara, I empathize with the difficulty of finding good breeders!  My husband and I searched forever and went with a mini Aussiedoodle from Doodlesville in SW Virginia.  It was a disaster.  Our 8-week puppy came to us with fleas and a severe ear mite infestation.  She got tapeworms from the fleas.  The breeder professed to have no idea how this could have happened. We had to treat our entire house with a flea fogger and we both got flea bites.  This cost us hundreds of dollars in vet bills and lots of stress in seeing her so itchy and miserable.  Of course the breeder was totally unresponsive.  This is not a good breeder!  

I found another breeder in Richmond, VA.  In retrospect, I wish I'd gone with her.  Here is her email:

Lisa Billings <fotogoduss@aol.com>

Lisa's place is called Evening Star Ranch, and I believe that she has mini golden doodles.  A friend referred me to her.

Wishing you good luck in finding a breeder an an adorable pup!

Carol, breeder recommendations, referrals, and reviews are not permitted here in the forums. You can send a private message with the info, (name, email, etc) but it can't be posted here. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service