DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi everyone, and thank you to those you have already welcomed me! Here's my story. I have been researching Doodles for a long time and decided that they sounded like a good fit for my family. I have two boys, 6 and 9 so I need a Doodle who is good with kids. I recently lost my beloved pet of 15 years, and at the same time she got very sick, a breeder contacted me that he had a one year old Doodle come back to him! But when I responded that we were interested, he had already found a new home. I'm happy for him - sad for us! Although I'd love a puppy, I don't think I can afford it, so a rescue might be a better option. Does anyone know of any Doodles needing a forever home? Also, I will contact I-Dog, before you all ask! :)

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out the Doodles in Need Listings on doodlerescuecollective.com, also. There are IDog listings in there also.
I haven't seen that website before - I'll check it out. Thanks!
You're off to a great start...be sure to place an application with IDOG so they have you on file.

You mentioned you've researched doodles...which TYPE of doodle are you leaning toward?
Labradoodle? Goldendoodle? Australian labradoodle? Mini, Medium, or Standard size?
Or will any of the above do? Does shedding matter?

Also place applications with any local dog rescues near you...you never know when one will
show up and those with apps have a better chance!
I would prefer a labradoodle or a goldendoodle. I don't know too much about an Aussiedoodle. Probably medium size - around 55 pounds or so. A 75 pound dog might be a bit much for two small boys! I have a sister-in-law that is allergic to dogs, but none of us are. So a low-shedding dog would be nice, but not a deal-breaker. A kind temperament is more important!
Great! Helps if non-shedding is not an absolute need as it's harder to find those in rescue (not impossible though!!!). Also Aussiedoodle and Australian labradoodle are actually two very different dogs.
Aussiedoodle = australian shepherd x poodle
Australian labradoodle = a labradoodle who started in Australia and is many generations into the breed and has a few other breeds in its heritage besides lab and poodle.

Consider also applying to any golden retriever and lab and poodle rescues...sometimes they get doodles.
Geez, shows what I know! See, I'm learning more every day!
Good luck. I am sure you will find the perfect dog for your family. In the meantime keep up the doodle research. I thought I had done my research until I joined this site and learned SO much more.
In your Idog search type in Breed= POODLE.
I looked for several months on IDog ( we have the link on the main page) but I wasnt getting the hits with the query Dog Type = Doodle or Goldendoodle or Labradoodle. . There is a member on this site ( from Texas ? ) who mentioned this trick. I did as she suggested and got lots of hits. Good Luck

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service