DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Nearly two weeks later...Lucy got hungry enough to enter one of the (humane) traps. Morgan from Forgotten Paws rescue here in the Atlanta area lent us her trap, so we were able to set up two. She also told me that most of the dogs she'd trapped (80 so far!) were lured in by sausage. So, after two nights in a row of sausage, Lucy walked into the trap! She got to eat a lot of sausage to get there, and I'm happy she did!

She's a bit thin, and was scared, but was still very gentle (even when the animal control guy had her on a catch pole, she didn't growl or snap.) I loved the animal control guy who came out. He was genuinely upset that he had to use the catch pole...he was worried it would just be more trauma for her but there was no other way of getting her out of the trap without risking her taking off again so I gave him my permission. I liked that he cared enough to be concerned about her...you could tell it wasn't just a "job" for him.

So now, Lucy Foster Doodle is at the vet getting checked out. The vet won't be able to examine her until this afternoon, but at least she is safe, in air conditioned comfort, and is getting clean water. She smells awful but doesn't really look that dirty (the animal control guy said it was her "fear glands" making the smell). We need to make sure she's hydrated, and that she's not pregnant.

I'm so incredibly relieved and thankful to have her back!

Here's a picture of trapped Lucy!

Views: 290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HOORAY!
WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!! Oh Thank Goodness!!! I am soo relieved. My heart skipped a beat when I read the title of this post. You are wonderful and caring and I'm so happy Lucy has you to look out for her.

I am so delighted to see this. I've been away and am just back,  what a relief.  Lucy looks very well considering...

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service