DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello, it’s been awhile. Maggie is two now and she had a beautiful red coat. She has changed to a light tan color with only a hint of red in her ears and tail. I still think she is beautiful however is color change at this age unusual.

Views: 201

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not unusual at all. Most reds fade, as do browns and sometimes even blacks, and it can start prettty early. It's not the same process as when human's hair turns grey with age. It has to do with dilute color genes. 

Could you post a photo?  My medium apricot came from a large litter of apricots and reds.  I know two of his litter mates.  One that was apricot, like my Ned, became cream all over. Ned's red sister is now a deep apricot.  Ned stayed apricot for a long time but now that he is 10, he is lighter.  Ned's tail, ears and lashes were much darker as a pup.  His ears and tail have faded but his eyelashes stayed dark and his snout has darkened - go figure. Pup Ned vs 10 year old Ned.

3EFE835E-ED57-4A32-8E87-3897F77913E9.jpeg

My GD Finley came from a litter of all reds. Both parents were red. They are still all red but somehow, Finley is apricot turning more white by the day. He’s 18 weeks now. Kinda frustrating that the red litter from the breeder was  $500 more than the cream litter she also had and it looks like he’s going to be cream anyways! 

Adorable puppy!

He is adorable, but paying more for color in a doodle is a waste of time.  Most do fade.  I'd contact the breeder and ask for a refund on that extra fee since Finley isn't going to be red! LOL  But then he is soooo cute, perhaps the extra money was well spent for cuteness.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service