DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

This morning our fifteen-week-old Goldendoodle Marlowe tested positive for the Parvovirus.  She had already been vaccinated and given her first booster shot and she never leaves our yard, but she still managed to get sick.  Our vet said we were his fifth case this week.  She's currently at the vet on an IV and we are hoping she pulls through this.  :( Please keep our baby in your thoughts! 

Screen shot 2015-01-12 at 12.07.45 AM"

Views: 3009

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

She was taken in at 7AM and as of 5PM there was no change.  They did say that she had diarrhea which apparently is a good sign?  I guess the body passing it is good, and dogs that don't have bowel movements don't survive it, but that's the only positive thing I could get the vet to say.  She could still go either way.  He said she will probably have to be there 4-5 days.  :(

Oh my goodness... I am so sorry you and Marlowe are going through this. Hoping for quick healing. <3

Prayers for Marlowe. 

Oh how scary! I need to read more about parvovirus. I find it so confusing!
Sending healthy doggy thoughts to Marlowe!

Thank you!  It really seems to be like a really bad version of our flu.  1. You can have your dog inoculated for it, but it mutates and there are always new strains.  2. Puppies and old dogs are more at risk for contracting it because of their compromised immune systems.  3. The greatest concern and what causes death is dehydration.  Unfortunately it also lives in the soil and can survive out in the environment for a long time.  Marlowe never leaves our yard but still managed to get sick.  Our vet said we could've brought it in on our shoes, or a bird or cat could've brought it into our yard, etc.  It is pretty confusing.  If this wasn't my dog, I would find this extremely interesting.  When she gets better I can look back on how fascinating viruses are.  For now, I'm loathing its existence and pray, pray, praying!

I am so sorry to hear this. Sending positive thoughts and prayers that Marlow has a complete and quick recovery.

Prayers and postive thoughts for a full recovery Jessica.  Sending love too!

Thank you all SO MUCH for your kind words, well-wishes, and support.  It's been a scary twenty-four hours.  She was her wide open, ninety-to-nothing self on Monday and went completely down hill on Tuesday; it all happened so fast.   She was placed on an IV at 7AM and has been at the vet all day with no change.  As of right now, she has a 50/50 chance.  We are praying our hearts out and hoping she drinks water on her own tomorrow and will eat food.  <3

Hoping for a good report in the morning.

I am so sorry for you and Marlowe. Please keep us posted as to her progress.

Praying for Marlowe.  I had a pup contract parvo before the vaccine. It's unbelievable how quick they go from happy pup to seriously ill.  But I remember the vet saying if he made it through the first 24 hours, he had a good chance. He made it.  Praying for the same for Marlowe.  Treatments have gotten much better.  Sending you hugs.

I am so sorry this happened to your puppy. How scary for everyone. Please keep us updated and I hope she will be fine.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service