DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

This morning our fifteen-week-old Goldendoodle Marlowe tested positive for the Parvovirus.  She had already been vaccinated and given her first booster shot and she never leaves our yard, but she still managed to get sick.  Our vet said we were his fifth case this week.  She's currently at the vet on an IV and we are hoping she pulls through this.  :( Please keep our baby in your thoughts! 

Screen shot 2015-01-12 at 12.07.45 AM"

Views: 3009

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are thinking of you! That's scary--hope everything is okay.

I'm very sorry to hear this. I hope she will be fine. 

Best thoughts going your way for a complete and speedy recovery.
I am So sorry to hear this. I am hoping for a swift recovery.

I'm so sorry to hear that Marlowe has Parvo. If she needs to stay for the night, do you know if there is someone at your vets office overnight to watch her? Otherwise, I have read that some people have chosen to move their dogs to animal hospitals or clinics that provide 24-hour care for dogs in need of supervised care. I hope that she recovers quickly and completely.

Thank you so much for your comment because I hadn't even really thought of that.  I called the vet immediately after I read it to ask if there would be anyone there overnight to check on her.  He said there wasn't a nighttime person but that he pops in several times to check on the really sick babies like ours.  That was enough for me, at least for her first night there.  I just didn't want to bother moving her.  All she's been doing is sleeping and I didn't want to cause any extra stress on her or get her nauseous again during transport.  He offered to transfer her to the emergency vet, but we are going to wait tonight out and re-evaluate tomorrow.  As soon as she eats, she can come home; however, it's worth the extra money to me to have someone watching her every movement.  I may have her transferred if she starts feeling better.  We are just hoping for any good news and they can't really give us any hope at this point in time.  Thanks again for your kind words!

Oh I'm so sorry....praying that she is going to be okay.

Sending positive thoughts your way so sweet little Marlowe pulls through this fine.

Sending healing wishes Marlowe's way. She is an adorable puppy.

Wishing her a speedy recovery! my Boca is a parvo survivor.

Thank you so much, and that is so great to hear!  I love knowing there are puppies that make it through this just fine.  She was just so pathetic yesterday and couldn't keep down a single mL of water or Pedialyte.  It's hard not to expect the worst, but we are continuously praying!

Marlowe is just beautiful. I am holding you and your sweet pup in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery. I am so sorry you are going through this.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service