DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Trying to decide whether to get a matching collar and leash for Yogi. I love the lupine one called turtle reef. Should I match or just use a simple black leash?

Just curious how many of you buy matched sets. This will be the first collar I have bought him since he came home. So excited! ( doesn't take much)

Views: 447

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you can match it, of course you should!  Duh!  :-}   No self respecting doodle wants mismatched apparel.  Just kidding.  When I can, I do buy matching or coordinating, but not necessarily.   I do have a few collars for special occasions that have matching or coordinating leashes.  Their everyday ones are color coordinated except that I have leather for Clancy.

Haha. I wasn't sure since yogi is a male if he'd appreciate matching ;-)

Because my guys mat around collars, their normal collar is either rolled leather (boring) or a water collar with decorations (manly decorations of course). They are customized and each of their collars have two different types of decorations - Ned has a brown collar with monkeys and duckies.

I love that rubbie duckie collar.

Ned has duckys AND monkeys - suits his personality perfectly. The company is so cooperative.  I wanted the thin for Ned but needed it a bit longer - she did that  plus said she would use whatever blingee things I wanted in whatever combination.  When these babies get wet they don't mold or cause any problems with their coats.  I love them.

I don't buy matched sets. I made my own leashes you can't see my doodles collars most of the time.
What do you make your leashes from?

Match by all means! The Lupine ones last forever too so it'll be around for a long time! Jack has a Lupine set, the pattern is Tail Feathers for over a year now and it still looks brand new! He thanks me every day for going all out for the set! ; ) I did get Jilly a really cute Lupine set thinking she'd grow into it and I'm still waiting....

If you can match, do that! If you were at our house, you would think we have at least 15 dogs. I have a "tiny" obsession with collars.... Sometimes it's hard to find both collar and leash in the same pattern (let alone same pattern, but different colors for two boys since I don't want them to be wearing the same collar, just slightly different, LOL). So what I do is buy collars I like and if there is no matching leash, I just buy a simple leash in the main color of the collar.

I have tons of collars, including the turtle reef one, but we only use leather leashes. I switch out their collars quite frequently. Have fun!!

Lily Grace has mainly matching collars and leashes. Her closet looks like it houses enough to outfit a kennel. We laugh when Lily goes to the groomer and they try to guess which clean "outfit" she will wear home. Go for the matching!

I have bought lots of matching sets-we have way more collars and leads than we need.  Please note I have bought the lupine leads and I do not like them as they are very stiff and while I used them when they were pulling I found them to not be comfy on my hands.  I love the collars as they stay looking like new for a long time.  I am just not a fan of their stiff leads.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service