DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Middle Tennessee has another confiscation of about 200 dogs from a Sparta TN puppy mill.  I just saw videos on the morning news.  The news mentioned that the dogs were all poodles and that there were some designer mix included.  I don't know if Doodles are in this mix but wanted doodlekisses members in mid-TN to be alert.  I'm trying to find out where they have been taken and how to find out what the poodle mixes are!
http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=12366570

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is so sad and ridiculous!! Poor puppies!
I'm trying to figure out if this woman was actually selling these dogs or if it was one of those "hoarder" situations. Just looking at them I can't figure out how she would be able to sell them. Awful...I feel so bad for what these poor dogs have been through. Maybe now they'll have a chance at a happy future.
Oh, she was selling them. The business was called "Gayla's Poodle Palace", and they also advertised grooming and boarding, in addition to selling puppies on the internet! You can see what a skilled groomer she is, I imagine the boarding facilities were first-rate as well.
I can't even begin to wrap my mind around how someone could buy a dog from a place called "Gayla's Poodle Palace".
The huge pet store in the center of my town is called "Puppy Palace". They're mobbed all the time.
It's a good thing I don't live there, Karen. I would be arrested (but I'm confident you'd bail me out) for picketing in front of the "Puppy Palace".
I'd be sharing the cell with you. I've tried handing out flyers in the parking lot, but it didn't seem to do much good.
A pet store called "Pocket Puppies" opened in the most exclusive mall in our area, right down the hall from Neiman-Marcus. One of the local rescue groups staged a huge picket there. Did no good, only brought them more publicity. People who didn't know the store had opened now knew.
You can see why so many people who buy puppies from puppy mills believe they came from "breeders", though. There's no question she "bred" them. Did you hear the part in the newscast about the heart defects & other serious health issues, including the puppy who was born without paws?
"Raised in my home underfoot." True. I'm sure her ads included the usual staged photos of puppies with artificial flowers or 4th of July buntings, carefully excluding any photos of Mom or the actual living area.
And I'm also sure she was very nice when she talked to people on the phone. Probably involved in her church, too.
Wow, could be fun, Karen...a "throwback" to my college days. Plus I can't think of anyone I'd rather share a jail cell with.
Yeah looks more like "Gayla's Poodle Prison"... except prisoners are treated more humanely. Do you think DRC will be called upon to foster?
A little more information on this puppy mill
http://www.humanesociety.org/news/press_releases/2010/04/tn_puppy_m...

Someone was buying these pitiful looking puppies. Maybe she cleaned them up as she sold them.
http://www.allbusiness.com/companyprofile/Poodle_Palace/011FC4DA1BB...

This ad has been pulled:
Gayla's Poodle Palace - CKC registered Toy and Teacup Poodle puppies - A wide variety of colors - Our dogs are raised with care and loving attention in ...

Statement from the Humane Society:
HSUS says the dogs were being sold over the internet and through newspaper ads.

What concerns rescue workers most is that many of the dogs are considered boutique breeds, worth up to $2,000 each.

"When you purchase a dog through the internet, through classified add, through a pet store, you have no idea where they're coming from, you have no idea the horror that these dogs have endured,"

Another link that has been pulled: This one says GOLDENDOODLE puppies!!!!!!!! When I "googled" gayla's poodle palace these came up but the link is broken. This indicates that she was breeding/selling Goldendoodles.
Gayla - Gayla's Poodle Palace in Tennessee - Beautiful Goldendoodle puppies for sale to good homes. Father has 52 grand champion bloodlines. .... mini ...
This is so sad;( I also seen there is a rescue that is closing its doors and has about 100 dogs to place by May 7th.in Tenn. so they won't be able to help them out .
Sorry to post more on this but when I "googled" Gayla's poodle palace goldendoodles this was found but again the link was broken. I just want everyone to be aware that there may be some doodles in this rescue and also a heads up on where you get YOUR dood!

Pomapoos (Pom Poos), Pekeapoos (Peekapoos), Yorkie Poos (Yorki Poos)
Aug 26, 2009 ... Goldendoodles and Labradoodles. 5. Goldendoodles and Labradoodles ... Contact: Gayla. Business Name: Gayla's Poodle Palace ...
classifieds2.breedersclub.net/pomapoos_pom_poos_pekeapoos_peekapoos_yorkie_poos_yorki_poos-o8919.html - Cached - Similar

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service