DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi, Mini goldendoodle owners, how big is your doodle and what age is he/she at? Just trying to see if I really have a mini or if she is going to turn out being a standard. Lol! Look forward to hearing your responses. 

Views: 1212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh wow. Not sure what to take away from that, I guess my pup will be a smaller mini. 

I wouldn't worry.  She may sprout later.  Just make sure she's getting enough food especially once you excercise here and/or take her to Dog Parks.

What are you trying to figure out, Erica? Are you wondering how much she will probably weigh or how tall she will be when fully grown or are you trying to determine what word to use to describe her size -- mini, medium or standard? Since doodles are a mixed breed, I don't think that the adjectives used to distinguish them are really official in any way. When people ask if my Charlotte is a mini or medium, I just tell them how much she weighs. I think that people ask because they might be thinking about acquiring one for themselves and want to know how to describe what size dog they are looking for. 

I agree with your assessment of how to describe their size. They aren't official like a pure bred. Its a general range, and depends on who you talk to if you want specifics on toy/mini or mini/med. You may not get the same answers twice. 

Exactly, Amy.  It depends on the specific DNA of the mom and dad....also, some people might be mixing up the genders of the Golden Retriever and Poodle for the Standard (GR dad, Poodle mom) and might be doing something similar for Minis and Toys.  Also, I understand there are now Mini Golden Retrievers so it's possible you could breed one to a Mini Goldendoodle or a Poodle (Standard/Toy) to create the various sizes.

And sadly, we have to be cautious about some people either lying or not knowing enough about their breeds to give us accurate information.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service