DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi doodle friends.  Nicky's been with us for 4 weeks now.  He's amazing and fills our home with so much joy and love.  

We are currently using pee pads but also going outside. He's been pretty god with potty training overall. No accidents in his crate so we are quite proud.  Thing is...he's starting to miss the pee pad. sometimes he attempts to pee on it but just miscalculates but lately he's just blatantly peeing beside the pad.  I punish when i catch him but he keeps doing it.  I'm cleaning with natures miracle cleaner and sometimes double clean with vinegar.

is he just messing with us?

We will start to eliminate the pee pad and eventually just go outside but living in a condo makes things a little tricky.  It takes time to put on his booties, then jacket, my booties, my coat etc. Cant wait for summer!

I've attached some pics :) 

Views: 323

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First, he is ADORABLE!! What a sweet little face! 

I'm not sure about the missing the pee pads as I've never used them for potty training. However, I would get on a schedule for going outside. If he is doing really well with having no accidents in his crate, be ready to go out before letting him out, 30 minutes later head out again, etc...  We potty trained our first two dogs in sky rise apartments, so I understand what a challenge it can be! It takes time and patience for sure! Those first few weeks we spent many trips running down the hallway to an elevator holding a puppy! Thankfully, once a routine was established and we learned to read their patterns we had a great system. 

Also, if you're just going out for him to potty, he is probably just fine without booties and a jacket for a quick potty break! 

Very cute puppy! I agree for the potty break he doesn't really need the jacket or booties. What do you mean by punish?  Are you keeping the puppy leashed to you when not crated so that there is less chance for mistakes?

I agree you probably don't need the booties, etc. He should be fine for a quick run outside and back without them.
Also, take him out on a schedule and reward, reward! Please don't punish your baby, he knows no better yet :(
Good luck, this weather certainly makes it more of a challenge .

I meant discipline not punish--or basically correct him.  I wouldn't resort to hitting --he's too cute!

I think i'll be removing the pee pad now. We're pretty good at identifying when he needs to go and the frequency has definitely decreased since we first got him.

Thanks for your advice!

Oh he is so cute.  I agree with others about taking him outside without the booties, etc.  I never used a pee pad because I didn't want Dougie to get used to going anywhere in the house so I can't give you any advice there.  Just continue to take him out as soon as he awakes from napping/sleeping and after each meal.  Once a routine is established, it will be down hill from there.  Good luck.

Developing a routine for outdoor potty breaks will be the best thing you can do for yourself and your puppy.  They thrive on scheduled routines.  It will make your life a whole lot easier. 

Oh my gosh,  how could anyone be mad at that adorable baby!!  So sweet.

Went out with no booties and he did not like it one bit...he kept lifting up his paws. It's just tooooooo cold. :(

Will try that wax stuff instead.

Thanks again

The first couple of times yogi went out in the snow, he did the same thing until he was more used to it. Don't give up yet :-)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service