DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello! We just picked up our girl on June 18. We had believed that her father was a red standard poodle and were not told until she was 6 weeks old that the dad was actually a golden retriever. I think the breeder did not realize this at first either. Mom is a F1 English cream goldendoodle. We were disappointed to hear that we were not getting the F1B that we had planned on but were too in love to back out. I had wanted an F1B due to allergies and the less likely shedding. We love her though, she's beautiful. I'm very curious to see what she will look like and if she will have doodle characteristics. Does anyone know what generation this makes her? I'm assuming since she is more golden retriever tha she has a much higher chance of shedding. Also I'm pretty sure I see evidence to of a subtle bears so I hope this means she will have a 'doodle' appearance! What do you think?

Views: 2106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oops I meant beard not bears!

Maybe an f1b bred back to the GR instead of the poodle. Which would make her 3/4 the GR instead of poodle. She is adorable though.

I was curious if there other owners out there with the same mix and what they looked like as an adult or if they shed a lot. Im really hoping she'll have a doodle look. she has a little wave around the front leg/shoulder area and a little evidence of a beard. Keeping my fingers crossed!

She's actually an F1B, just the reverse of what that usually means. An F1B is produced by breeding an F1 back to a purebred. That's usually a Poodle, but even when it's a Retriever, as in this case, it's still technically Filial Generation F1B. Reputable breeders typically don't do this, as it usually results in dogs that look very Retriever-ish and shed, but not always. Genetics are funny that way.

There are a few people here who do have this same mix. 

If you can post a photo of her face, we can tell if she's got furnishings, which gives that "doodle" look. 

Here are close is a of her face... She's tricky to get face pics of! Moves so fast! Haha! I was so upset with the breeder about this because we specifically chose that litter based on who we thought the parents were. I was going with my best shot for no to little shedding... Then I find out I was getting the opposite! We were anxiously awaiting the day to bring her home though and I just couldn't back out. I think we may find her a brother in a year or 2!
Attachments:
Here's another...
Attachments:

So, the good news is, she does have furnishings, and is going to have the shaggy, doodle-y facial hair (beard, etc). She's going to be shaggy and adorable, probably similar in looks and coat to my Jack, who is the cutest dog in the world, lol. The bad news is that I think that, also like Jack, she's going to shed significantly. 

My straight haired, shedding, shaggy doodle:

Thank you for your input! Your dog is adorable, very similar color to my Penny! Is Jack and F1? What I love about doodles is not knowing what you're going to get. They are all so unique and its fun waiting to see what she'll look like. I'm so happy to hear that my girl will at least have the doodle look! Maybe I'll be luckier with the shedding next time when we look for a brother for her!

Jack is an F1. Unfortunately, I have no puppy pictures of him, as I adopted him when he was 14 months old. The original owner purchased him from a pet store and did have paperwork on the parents, which is how we know he's an F1. 

And more good news is that if she has the same type of coat as Jack, there won't be any matting or hours of grooming like you have with the non-shedding coats; it's a breeze. That's the upside of a shedding coat.

First, I must say your puppy is adorable.

My Haley has a coat similar to Karen's Jackdoodle and I do have puppy pics.  This one taken the day we brought him home at 8 weeks.

As an adult taken last June.

Haley does shed but his coat rarely mats and requires little maintenance.

Enjoy your puppy.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service