DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Today started off good. I have been waiting for a reply from NC State, but know it may take time. I went to Hurleys Dermotogist to ask them about programs out there. I am looking for a program where they can take money directly out of my husbands paycheck. He gets paid 2 times a month. Where the surgery can be paid for up front and then an automatic withdraw each payday out of my husbands check. We are willing to do anything..show paystubs to show how much he gets and that he has been with his job for 8 years. We just do not have the money up front, but we can pay in payments. The thing is, we don't qualify for a loan or credit card. (yes, years ago we got into some credit card debt), but it has been a long time. We have learned from this. Now it's haunting us.i am going to send an email to PETA tonight and our local humane society to see if there are programs that will do this.

Then the call from my primary vet. He said the biopsy says that the cysts are stating that they may be in the brain. I do not have a copy of the biopsy yet. The call came in late this afternoon. I am picking it up tomorrow. He said that he cannot do the surgery, which I was told only 3 can do it. He mentioned that he would not invest in the money because they may come back. They are congenital cysts. That surgery can be done, but they may come back. I am devasted. He said this is so rare but it has happened. He said that when the surgeon goes to take out the cysts they may be so deep they can be in the brain. He told me to get in contact with the breeder to let her know what is going on. I got off the phone with him and called back Hurleys Dermotogist. I got a woman I have been in contact with since his biopsy. She stated that yes, they can come back. She said that he is still healthy and happy. These cysts are not bothering him. They will soon if not removed. They will get large enough to cover his eyes. She said that he is only 1 year old and to give this a try. Get these removed. This is just so much info coming at me. What if they go in and start the surgery and find out they are deep and growing his his brain?
I am so sorry...this is so long. I am doing the surgery. I am screaming out to everyone and anyone to help me find a program out there..! I am going to write to the Doodle messenger very soon. I need to know the exact amount of this surgery. Thursday cannot come quick enough...I am getting ready to write PETA..thank you all for listening to me. I love my dog so much...he loves me. he lays beside me keeps giving me five, licks my tears and can't understand why I am so upset....

Views: 600

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You made me smile,,,I would totally say that too...gosh darn it!

Regina I am so sorry, I have tears for you as well. I will send positive thoughts for you and Hurley and hope there is an answer for you out there.

I am so tired of crying...Hurley is too...he knows something is up with me..just can't figure it out..

I am so sorry Regina.   It sounds like you have a lot of information to digest all at once.   Take a little time to let it all sink in.     I think you are on the right track, seeking other opinions and the call to the University Veterinary School is a good one.   As soon as you decide, I would also get the process started with Doodle Messenger.   I know they have helped others.    Hugs to you and your precious Hurley.  

I know..this is so super hard. I feel bad I am posting sad things..I want to post happy doodle things, ya know?I read everyone's post and smile and enjoy it. That helps me get through all this...
So go ahead and write them? Or just start the letter to the Doodle Messenger? I feel like I need to know the specifics in the amount of his surgery.

Don't feel the least bit bad, Regina.   There are many of us that have sick Doodles and have asked for support here from others one time or another, myself included.   

Here is the link to the page for the process for Doodle Messenger:  

http://doodlemessenger.webs.com/ourprocess.htm

Here is the link to the page that has an e-mail address for the contact person.   I am sure you could e-mail her directly and ask when to start the process.   I hope this helps.

http://doodlemessenger.webs.com/aboutus.htm

Regina, stay strong, look to stay positive, I know it's hard but you need a level head so you can discuss your situation with those that may be able to help.

You and Hurley are in my prayers. Good Luck.

I am wondering if the extent of the cysts can be seen with some sort of scan before subjecting Hurley to surgery. I think this is vital to know. If the cysts can be removed than the course is clear even though finances may be difficult. If there is no way to remove these cysts then the most humane course of action may be to euthanize Hurley when the cysts interfere with the quality of his life. I am sorry to say this but it is something to consider. I do think the dermatologist, general vet and whoever else you consult must coordinate Hurley's care and communicate with one another.

I wrote that down..so see if there is a scan to see how deep they are..that is a good question

I was thinking the same thing F.  

I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how concerned you are. I hope you get the info you need soon. In the meantime, big, big (((HUGS))) from us. :-(

I am so sorry!!! This is devastating. My heart goes out to you and Hurley. {hugs}

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service