DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Marci and her son shlepped in traffic to go to pull Mr. No Name from the shelter.

Marci finally got Mr. No Name out of the Carson Shelter in LA County - not an easy feat I might add!

They made us both jump through hoops but we persisted, there was no way he was staying in that shelter, and he is now FREE!!

He got his vaccinations and still has to be neutered but that has to wait a little while yet. Have to wait for the wound on his neck (the black under his chin is NOT a collar - it is the wound from an embedded collar that had to be surgically removed) to heal a bit more.

Mr. No Name officially has a name - Kingston!

Marci and Son (sorry, I don't know your name) we can't thank you enough for taking an entire day to save the life of Kingston!!

We can't wait to see pictures and hear how Kingston is doing!!!

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He's looking so much better, and your boys are just too cute (I love that little cowboy)! You're doing such a great job!
WOW, that is quite a transformation. He looks amazing, Kingston - you have Angels taking care of you!
I loved the slide show. Kingston seems to be doing so much better. I sure hope to see him at Arbor Dog Park on the 18th.
Hi everyone. New update...Kingston got neutered, all is well in that dept. But with little requests for him here in So Cal, he has been flown out to AZ where I hope he will find his forever home.
I am so sorry that Californians didn't step up to the plate. We met people all summer when we were in our RV who wanted a doodle, thought that Clancy was a fabulous rescue - actually wanted Clancy. Where did they all disappear to when we actually had a doodle for them???? And now we won't get to meet him :(
So many people say they want a cheap rescue doodle, but they want one with no issues of any kind. Their loss. And where were they when Clancy was in the shelter, for that matter?
Marci, thank you so much for all you've done for Kingston. I hope he finds his forever family soon.
Well, where were they??? In the time I have had him, I could have re-homed him at least 10 times with money changing hands.... He has no issues but he is an adult dog who had a past life and it shows. But, Karen, like you said to me, he was meant for us.

Marci, thank you and your parents, husband and children so much for taking such wonderful care of Winston. With the great start you gave him, I am sure the right forever family will be found for him.
No offense too ANYONE, but in general I think Rescue's get a bad rap. It is usually because us humans are to blame for their situation not the dog but many believe the opposite, I myself had NEVER owned a dog until later in life and had no idea what I was doing, Under false pretenses I thought rescues would need extra time, attention, training their could be behavioral, medical issues...blah blah blah. I actually looked at rescues when we were looking for our 2nd but I just had no idea why a dog would be abandoned. So I went to a breeder. It wasn't until I got involved with DK that I learned about DRC and read stories, one in particular, MATTHEW that made me understand that these guys just need good people, they are not bad dogs. Then I proceeded to get involved and participated in a rescue and completely understand that these dogs just got bad luck in life. When people can meet the dog it does make it much easier for them to say, "I would take him in a heartbeat" well then they see pictures and read about past histories, that may not be so pleasent and maybe some people do get nervous about what they are "signing up" for. Especially when you already have a dog at home and you don't want to do anything to jeapordize their well being. DRC is Fantastic, DK is fantastic and we all just need keep educating people that these dogs are okay, they just didn't necessarily get a fair start but deserve a fair finish.
A DK member actually made this statement last year in a discussion on rescue dogs: "They're in the pound for a reason". I know it was ignorance on his part, but it hurts, especially when you have a dog like my Jack who came into my home at the age of 14 months almost five years ago from a shelter, was given free-run of the house from day three (including when nobody is home) and to this day has never, and I mean never:
Had an accident in the house
Gone in the garbage
Eaten anything other than his own food...and cat poop
Jumped up- yes, you read that right. He has never jumped up on anyone or anything, including counters.
Torn up anything, even his own toys
Barked for more than 30 seconds
Run out an open door
Dug in the yard
Put his teeth on the skin of any human being
And the list goes on.
So what was the reason he was "in the pound"? Human stupidity. Period.
AMEN!
K - I am so sorry that this ignorance hurt you. If anyone has read 1 single statement about Jack then they would eat their words. You have been so incredibly lucky to have found Jack even though he didn't have the 'right coloring' - WOL!!!!

They're in the pound for the only one reason and you hit it on the head - human stupidity.
And all rescue dogs are not without wanna-be adopters. Small, non-shedding blonde females have people knocking each other over trying to adopt them. We had one recently and rec'd three dozen applications for her in 48 hours, and about two dozen additional inquiries.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service